Hotel Santa Lucia Venice

Check Venice Hotel Deals

Hotel Santa Lucia Venice Reviews

goyourownway goyourow…
Good, no thrills and modest decorated hotel room Jun 09, 2017
N45°26.579' E12°19.339' In a small alleyway, on the main pedestrian route between the train station and San Marco square, this hotel, with an apartment like exterior, offers modest decorated, well maintained and clean rooms with the necessary mod cons for a short stay in Venice. It takes only a 10-minute walk from the Piazalle Roma bus station. The hotel occupies the ground floor. Above are private apartments.

Our room 21 with ensuite bathroom was large with a marble floor, a large double bed with sheet and blankets, excellent functioning split air conditioning unit, free Wi-Fi, flatbed television, hairdryer, wardrobe with hotel save, small desk with three chairs and fresh towels every day. Two garden doors open to a very small garden without any chairs. The ensuite bathroom with toilet and bidet had an excellent shower. Some other hotel rooms are not ensuite and have their bathrooms elsewhere and probably shared.

The hotel serves a good breakfast in the private garden in front of the hotel with coffee or tea, cereal, orange juice, and toppolini (small bread). Nothing cooked.

We paid €120 per night in June 2017 including breakfast, not using internet-booking sites. For expensive Venice, this no-nonsense room has a good price/quality ratio.
outside
entrance
breakfast
bedroom
mainhart mainhart
Not what we expected Sep 25, 2011
My cousins and I chose the Hotel Santa Lucia due to its proximity to the train station and decent reviews in Rick Steves' Italy book and Tripadvisor, so I was very disappointed when we got there and saw the place. My cousins' room was small with a nice garden patio, however the hotel laundry was hanging very nearby. My room smelled like a musty basement. It felt like a school dormitory and the air conditioning did not work properly, so it was often hot in the room. The shared bathroom was not particularly clean and I was uncomfortable using the shower. We opted not to pay the extra Euros for breakfast as there were plenty of places nearby that would surely be cheaper. The staff was nice enough, but this is not a place I would stay at again.
elliotjp elliotjp
Great Location and good value Oct 14, 2008
This is a one star hotel on the main island of Venice. You will pay a premium to be in the island itself, and if you are willing to do so an take that into consoderation, this is a great option. Being in Venice you won't spend much time at all in the hotel - to sleep only!

My girlfriend and I stayed on the ground floor sharing a bathroom with 3 other rooms and it was fine. Don't go in there with 5 star expectations. It's smallish and cosy and great for a 1 star place.

Check Venice Hotel Deals