Hotel San Marco

Check Guarulhos Hotel Deals

Hotel San Marco Guarulhos Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
A work in progress... Mar 14, 2017
Hotel San Marco is located 20 minutes from the Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport. Do not be deceived into thinking that this hotel is in the metropolitan area. Sao Paulo is a mega city and the largest in the world yet there is not much going on around this hotel other than shopping and eating. I paid roughly 60 Brazilian Reais ($20 USD) by taxi to get there. Visitors to Sao Paulo will need to understand that it is about an hour drive to the downtown area.

At first sight, I found the hotel lobby rather oddly positioned in an underground carport area where I had to first check in. I originally found it to have that shady appeal to it. Booking.com listed this to be an average hotel but rather decent for its budget so I wasn't setting myself up for any disappointment. The lounge was very minimal and consisted of a single sofa and a front desk. The structure of the hotel appeared as if it was going through a rehabilitation as I saw construction materials and painting supplies.

Customer service was promptly responsive and were able to handle my interim needs while I was waiting for my flight in the 25 hour layover. A couple members of the hotel staff spoke some English but most did not. I had to pay for a two day stay in this hotel costed $80 US Dollars as it does not honor late check outs particularly with my late check out of 8pm, and typically so with other hotels. The breakfast bar was minimal but offered the key basic necessity in my life…. COFFEE! The breakfast bar had a plain but filling assortment of toasts, cheeses and sliced meats. The breakfast area is… well… also under construction. It was a plain looking area.

The bed was compact but comfortable and the wifi was adequate enough. The walls between my room and the neighbors could have had better sound proofing. As if hearing the late night television wasn’t bad enough, I heard horrible snoring in the guest room next to mine. The big head scratcher out of this experience was when maintenance people just walked in while I was inside because they needed to walk out my window and into another neighboring room which was dead bolted from the inside.

The major deal breaker into me wanting to give Hotel San Marco a good recommendation was the stubborn toilet at the end of my stay. Overall, this is a plain and uninteresting hotel in an uninteresting location. But this hotel was a necessary booking yet I am glad I might never have to go here again. It merely functions in location for layovers for those who travel through the Guarulhos airport. Part of me would like to see the end result of the improvements near the end but it isn’t worth it for me. This is not really a recommendable hotel. Visitors will find far better ones as Sao Paulo is a very large city.
Would you trust this entrance at f…
DAO says:
Great review of a lacklustre place!
Posted on: May 14, 2017
vicIII says:
Thanks for sharing your experiences!:)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2017
spocklogic says:
Toilet troubles are terrible!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2017