Hotel San Bosco

Hotel San Bosco Rates and Deals

Hotel San Bosco La Fortuna Reviews

kantbyluv kantbyluv
in the center of town Feb 20, 2013
This Hotel San Bosco is a great location down the road from the volcano (which they provide a shuttle to their sister property Volcano Lodge and Gardens for free) . The town is full of food places, stores and tour companies. There is also a park/plaza where local kids, dogs and people gather just to relax and enjoy the day.

Volcano Lodge and Gardens hotel has a great unobstructed view of the volcano from the pool and food area. most rooms have a patio with garden and/or volcano views. The pool is great swim up bar ad waterfall and is big enough so you are not crowded.

Massages at the spa are reasonable and available last minute (we booked at 7pm for 1030 am the following day).

There are several restaurants a short drive away also walking just keep in mind it gets dark and roads are curvy. Que Rico Italian restaurant is great variety and good food at a reasonable price.

The volcano is a short drive away. Secure, free parking is plenty here.
gopackjo gopackjo
Jun 04, 2007
One of the nicest hotels in the town of La Fortuna itself. There are alot of resort type hotels west of town towards the Volcan Arenal.

I was traveling solo and got a nice double room with A/C. Two beds, one twin bed and one a bit bigger (full?). Had cable TV with remote control, A/C also had a remote. Hotel has free Wi-Fi which wasn't blazing fast, but got the job done and connected more often then not. Not bad for Costa Rica.

I showed up without a reservation in the wet season and was quoted a rate of $50. After saying that it was a little more than I wanted to spend the price came down to $45 and I accepted. I later heard the desk quote a solo female traveler $45 to start.

The front desk was very helpful with booking tours, and they mostly go with Canoa Aventura a few blocks away. When I expressed an interest in a tour with a different company the desk was very helpful trying to book it at the very last second. (Unsucessful, but I liked the effort.) Had good info about visiting the La Fortuna Waterfall outside a tour group.

Hotel also has a nice shallow pool, jacuzzi, free tasty breakfast and a volcano viewing platform. (Although the lava is currently visible only on the other side of the volcano.)

I had no problem with noise at night. They seem to leave a one room buffer between occupied rooms when possible, and they are located two blocks off of the main street so no traffic noise.
Hotel Don Bosco from the street.
The pool area with Volcan Arenal i…
The free breakfast area right next…
Some of the accomodations.
entro16 says:
Thank you for your honest review.
Posted on: Mar 19, 2012
Nico22 says:
Great review, I also stayed there by myself and when my parents visited me during my internship. I love that you can view the volcano in the pool. How delicious was the gallo pinto across the street? Did you get an opportunity to poke your head in the church or attend a mass? Absoloutely beautiful.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2007

Hotel San Bosco Overview

We are located in the center of La Fortuna, in the nicest tranquil area of this beautiful charming town, just 15 minutes from the majestic Arenal Volcano. Our strategic location in the town of La Fortuna allows you easy access to all of the services of the area. Our friendly staff is always available to serve you and advise you. We assure our guests an unforgettable stay in La Fortuna. Enjoy our warmth, relax in the bubbles of our Jacuzzis or have fun in the pools; from which you can observe the impressive Arenal Volcano. A happy ??Good Morning?? awaits you each day at the Hotel San Bosco along with a delicious buffet style breakfast in a relaxed, fresh air environment. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Hotel San Bosco Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite