Hotel Royal at Queens

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Hotel Royal at Queens Singapore Reviews

cunway cunway
Poor decision to stay here. May 07, 2013
Sometimes in your travel life you make a judgment call and go with something that is of lesser value to help your wallet out. Staying at the Hotel Royal @ Queens was mine and I regret every single second I stayed there. This hotel was pretty bad especially since it is a new hotel which boasts on their modern technology. Where do I begin? The room offered the worst bed I have ever laid in because it was as hard as the floor. The windows were dirty with soot so the view was easily hampered by this. The bathroom had a shower curtain that pretty much enrobed you the entire time you were in there because the shower rod was installed to close. The molding around the tub and the tub itself looked worn and needed to be replaced. They were in the middle of opening a new bar downstairs and their was construction everywhere in a busy and small lobby. Very high traffic. Whatever amount of money I actually saved by staying here instead of the Carlton Hotel was absolutely not worth it.
MeiYen MeiYen
Hotel Royal @ Queens for MYR$ 1 :-) Jun 20, 2010
For a room that cost MYR 1, this is not bad at all. No, the hotel does not have a promotion of MYR 1 a night; the normal room rates would be about SGD 170 ++ per night. I actually managed to book a one night stay via AirAsiaGo website when they launch the name change from GoHolidays to AirAsiaGo.

The hotel location is quite strategic, about a 100 m from the new Circle Line, Bras Basah MRT Station. Next to the hotel is the Singapore Museum of Contemporary Arts and walking distance to Chijmes.

The lobby is small and the impression given was that of a 3 stars or budget hotel, however the room tells you otherwise.

The staff that checks me in lacks expression and enthusiasm though efficient, she lacks in the “Smiles” and “Approachable” department. I thought it would be nice to have someone smile while checking me in. I was surprised when I was informed that my room rate came with breakfast! So it seems that I had a pretty good deal afterall. Lucky me! Another surprise was she did not even ask me for a deposit for miscellaneous, which most hotel does.

It looks like the rooms have been refurbish with contemporary settings, comfortable bed and standard amenities. The room is nice. Since I am a smoker, I had requested for a smoking room and I hate to say this but even I could not stand the lingering smell of cigarettes stuck in the room; the stench is pretty strong hence best to get a non smoking room.

Breakfast spread may not be that wide but decent and they do have a la minute counter for eggs.

Seriously, for the amount I paid, I walked in with a smile.
MeiYen says:
Thanks Michael! :) $100 NZ is not bad at all, that's about MYR 225. Have a good trip to S'pore. :)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2010
mkrh says:
Michelle,
thanks for the review....and what a deal you got....good practical and realistic information...so that makes a good review....I now know what it will be like when I go there in October....but for me although I have a special deal it is only $100NZ a night

All the best and keep smiling

Michael :)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2010
mkrh mkrh
Central Location Oct 16, 2010
This hotel was 1 of the options available to me through my SG Air Flight. Good rate of about NZD 100 per night for 9 nights.

Bras Basah MRT station can be seen about 50-60 metres away from front entrance.

Conceriege relaxed and friendly.

Rooms clean and made up well each day.

Did not try gym or pool or eating there.

No Wifi service in rooms which I would like to see added.

Up on 14th floor with good views.

AC effective. Bed was firm/soft and right for me...slept well every night

I would go back here again particularly as I can access so much of SG by MRT from here.
Royal@Queens
KeikoCreative says:
Great next time I can look into that, oh is great location;)
Posted on: Oct 25, 2010
wayneca wayneca
Royal Hotel at Queens in Singapore Apr 12, 2008
Be careful with this hotel. The bathrooms were extremely dirty. Mould is prevelent around the tubs, showers etc. We have stayed at third world country accomodations whose cleanliness was better than the Royal. When we asked for a different room, we were treated badly by the hotel staff. I would not recommend this place to anyone...especially given their posted daily rates of S$285.00

Hotel Royal at Queens Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes