Hotel Riviera Ohrid

Check Ohrid Hotel Deals

Hotel Riviera Ohrid Reviews

Chokk Chokk
OWNER - Please help this hotel - it is in bad need of it ! Apr 18, 2014
This hotel has the location to become a great hotel in Ohrid but time has worn it down. I have been in Ohrid a couple of times by now and usually I have been staying in the old part of town where you have to leave your car and walk into the narrow and beautiful hilly streets. I had passed the mountains from Albania and had been driving in snow and fog so I arrived in Ohrid a lot later than I had expected and I was getting quite tired. I had therefore looked for a hotel and not one of the small bed & breakfasts that can be quite difficult to find when it is dark, and giving the fact that it was pretty cold (6 degrees Celsius) and windy, I went therefore for a sure thing the Hotel Riviera, which I thought would be easy to find.

Compared to the service, which are provided at some of the smaller B&B hotel that I had stayed at the last couple of times in Ohrid, then this hotel was very far from that. The staff was friendly and spoke quite good English, but they can't do magic with the material. I was given a room on the 3rd floor and it was really cold, as it probably hadn't been booked for some time. I left my stuff in the icy room and went down to find something to eat.

When I came down I asked if they could do something about the heating while I would get something to eat. They recommended that I stayed in their own restaurant and looking at the rain outside I decided to follow their advice. While I was in their quite empty restaurant they managed to get a heater into the room but it only managed to heat up the upper half the room from 1,2 meter and upwards, so the bed was really really cold during the night. It was like being in a fridge and the duvet was not that good as well.

The furniture in the room had seen better days long time ago and that feeling was similar for the house in general, as this place was in desperate need of a thorough makeover and a general maintenance plan. The hotel has no lifts, so beware of that if you are traveling with loads of luggage. When I was getting ready to leave the following morning a bus full of elderly people arrived with new guests. When I left my room and went down the stairs they were all fighting their way up the stairs with heavy bag and breath.

The hotel restaurant had surprisingly good food and I was really enjoying my meal there. I actually took two starters and they were huge and I was glad that I didn’t order more. I had ordered a egg plant salad but they gave me a moussaka and it was really tasty anyway. When I had ordered I remembered that I had been given a huge meal also the last time I was in the city.
The bed cover !!
The view from the window
The shared balcony
The view
Chokk says:
It looks like there is some instability here as I see your glitch remark in my update, Brian - but not in the comments !
spocklogic says:
This is a system glitch - pay it no attention unless it persists in time. It happens quite often, but rectifies itself eventually. There is the occasional (very rare) 'no' vote on the helpful trustworthy, but usually just a system update thing. I see 3/3 too.
Chokk says:
Yeah - I see "0 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy" - that is very odd ?

Hotel Riviera Ohrid Overview

Discover all that Ohrid has to offer with Hotel Riviera as a base. The Hotel Riviera boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. In-room facilities include non smoking rooms, air conditioning, daily newspaper, television, shower, balcony/terrace. Guests staying at this Ohrid accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as 24hr room service, shops, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, restaurant, room service. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Ohrid. For your reservation at the Hotel Riviera, simply submit your dates and complete our secure online booking form.

Hotel Riviera Amenities