Hotel Rival

Hotel Rival Rates and Deals

Hotel Rival Stockholm Reviews

bigstoney82 bigstone…
Best hotel i have EVER stayed in. Jul 27, 2012
Oh, i don't even know where to start with this place, i loved it all! I don't have one bad thing to say about Rival.

I stayed for 4 nights and the card i used to reserve the room with was stolen earlier on my trip and the room hadn't been pre paid for. The front desk checked me in anyways and helped it get to where i could have my father authorize payment from my account. Great start to the stay in my mind.

The hotel is very nice, decorated in a funky/trendy kinda way. A very good looking place!

The room was very large with two chairs and a teble inside the room and another two chairs and table on the balcony, which was decent sized balcony.

The bath had a huge stand-up shower and a really big bathtub with a large window to the room... with blinds of course. There was also a speaker from the TV so if you were watching or listening to something and you were getting ready for the day, you didn't have to miss it.

The bed was a really good size for me, it might have been a touch too soft, but with the bed i sleep on in Afghanistan it was effing perfect! It also had some amazing pillows, there was a card telling you what kind they were, but i didn't pay attention to that, haha.

The room had DVD's and CD's to use, with a larger selection at the front desk to choose from, you could also rent a Paystation for your room, for a fee but the DVD's and CD's were free to use.

The location of the hotel was very good, i'd say it was about 25 minute walk to the Vasa Museum, i didn't make the walk, i took a Taxi, which is an expensive way to travel, i wouldn't recommend it, the public transportain seemed fairly easy and close to the hote, but i just didn't feel like dealing with all that because of the way my trip had been going to that point! There were TONS of small cafes and restaunats within walking distance. Serveral bars and clubs within 20 minutes walking.

The staff was great,extremely friendlyand helpful. The bartenders at the bar, which was a nice bar, were quickly and spoke perfect English which is always nice for me, as i can't speak anything but English... well and Drunk, haha.

All in all, i would recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford it, it was about $315USD per night. I will stay there anytime i go to Stockholm... Huge thumbs up from this guy!
bigstoney82 says:
Thanks, Cicie! > : ^ D
Posted on: Jul 28, 2012
cicie says:
Good review :)
Posted on: Jul 27, 2012
andreamylesa andreamy…
Trendy and comfortable hotel Jul 26, 2011
ABBA fans this is where you want to stay. The Hotel Rival is owned by none other than Benny Andersson from the famous Swedish music group. They even put an ABBA cd and a cute teddy bear on the bed for you when yo arrive.

The Hotel Rival is in a great location and not to mention its lobby plays host to one of the city's coolest bars. Since I was staying in the city for my birthday I opted to treat myself and got a Deluxe room. I was really pleased with the size of the room and the big comfy Queen bed. I had a walk in shower and a gorgeous bath. I felt like a princess.

The bar downstairs is a little expensive but it draws in a very attractive and interesting crowd on the weekends.

I was however a little annoyed with the cleaning staff. I like having my room cleaned everyday. A bit much I know but I felt like they only "skimmed" through my room. They left our champagne bottle on the desk for 3 days.

The location was perfect. I was just down the road from family and around the corner was a indie posh style lounge called Marie Laveau. The Katarinahissen is not even a 10 minute walk from the hotel and Mariatorget t-bana is just around the corner.

I will definetly stay at this hotel again.
Chokk says:
I think I have booked this for September - I will have to check
Posted on: Jul 26, 2011
alecman23 alecman23
Great roo m Aug 15, 2011
Great bedding nice bathrooms and very utilitarian rooms. Very close to the old town and metro. I highly recommend to anyone traveling to Stockholm. Plenty of great bars and restaurants in the area. Check out gotagan and the ostermalm neighborhood.

Hotel Rival Overview

The Hotel Rival is located in the Sodermalms heights area overlooking Mariatorget Square. It is within walking distance of the Royal Palace, Royal Opera, and the Old Town historic and entertainment district. The Hotel Rival is 20 km from the Bromma Airport and 40 km from the Arlanda Airport.

The Hotel Rival has 99 individually decorated rooms, each portraying a scene from classical Swedish films. Rooms also have Egyptian cotton sheets and flat screen televisions, wireless Internet, DVD players, mini bars, safe boxes, and private bathrooms with telephones and designer toiletries. Non-smoking rooms are standard.

The Hotel Rival is a former cinemaplex from the 1930’s that has kept its Art Deco look but installed fully modern amenities for business and leisure. It has lacquered walls, matte oak flooring, and bright furniture accents. There are conference facilities for up to 700 people. The hotel also has a cocktail bar, bistro, café, and bakery. Parking is available.

Hotel Rival Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes