Hotel Restaurant Seegartan-Marina Spiez

Hotel Restaurant Seegartan-Marina Spiez Rates and Deals

Hotel Restaurant Seegartan-Marina Spiez Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
Superb lake and mountain views! Jan 15, 2017
I stayed at the Seegarten Marina in April 2013. Once I'd walked downhill to the hotel, I was pleased with what I found. The views were beautiful and it was a tranquil, idyllic setting, just what I had hoped for. I was checked in to my room by a friendly receptionist and made my way up to the first floor in the lift. Then the first negative of this hotel became evident. For some reason, the lighting in the corridors was terrible. Just a few lamps hung on the wall providing completely inadequate lighting. I made my way through the dingy corridor and turned a corner into total darkness. After much fishing around with my keycard and feeling for a door handle, I opened the door of my room (at least I hoped it was my room, I couldn't make out the door number in the darkness) and went in. I then went back outside and managed to find the light switch. Why no-one had left the corridor light on by my room when I was expected that day was a mystery to me.

The room itself was a very pleasant surprise. It was spacious, airy and clean. The lighting problems in the corridor were thankfully not repeated in the room. Facilities provided in the room were nevertheless quite basic. They included a beat-up kettle, a chunky old television and a shower stall that was quite small. The shower itself fluctuated from hot to cold on its own and the air-con was strangely loud. I personally wouldn't have classified it as a 3 star calibre hotel room. On booking the room, I was led to believe that I would have a balcony but it was more like a large window shelf so that was a little disappointing.

On the positive side, the hotel does have quite a lot going for it. Throughout my stay, the reception staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The owner, Frau Keller, was very professional and polite also. My room was cleaned daily to a high standard and the towels were changed daily. The bed was also comfortable, if on the small side.

I have to say that the breakfast at the Seegarten Marina was awesome- one of the best I have had. I filled up each morning on tasty, fresh croissants, fruit salad, cereal and yoghurt. There were also a selection of meats and cheeses that looked very appetising. Fruit juice and water was provided too and the staff were quick to ask if you wanted any tea or coffee. Breakfast was served in a room overlooking the lake and the Alps and the price of it was included in the room rate of 90 CHF, very reasonable for Switzerland.

One thing I will add is that the position of this hotel by the marina was quite a trek from the train station. Returning to the train station was a 15-20 minute walk uphill. Walking back up the hill with a suitcase at the end of my stay was quite exhausting and I felt I should have taken a taxi. This is worth considering if you have limited mobility.

The Alpine views are spectacular as you would expect. Be aware that the weather conditions really affect what you can see though!

Address: Schachenstr. 3, Spiez, Spiez, CH-3700, Switzerland

Directions: From the train station, follow the road downhill. The hotel is well signposted.

Phone: +41 33 655 67 67
View of the lake from my small bal…
The hotel is at the bottom of this…
The attractive marina area in Spiez
slothtraveller says:
Hi Sonja! It's a stunning location, isn't it? I didn't try the restaurant but it always looked busy. A sign of good food.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2017
yumyum-ch says:
I've also stayed there once :-) Nice place and the pizzain their restaurant was good too.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2017

Hotel Restaurant Seegartan-Marina Spiez Overview

The Hotel Restaurant Seegarten Marina is located in Spiez making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom features amenities such as non smoking rooms, desk, hair dryer, in room safe, shower. To suit guests' convenience, this Spiez accommodation offers shops, elevator, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, safety deposit boxes, business center. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Spiez, making it a distinct accommodation. To proceed with your reservation at the Hotel Restaurant Seegarten Marina via our secure online booking form, please enter your period of stay.

Hotel Restaurant Seegartan-Marina Amenities

• Shops
  • Garden
  • Lake
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower