Hotel Pura Vida

Hotel Pura Vida - 2nd course
Hotel Pura Vida - 2nd course
Hotel Pura Vida - 3rd course
Hotel Pura Vida - 3rd course

Compare Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Hotel Rates (2.2km away)

Hotel Pura Vida Puerto Viejo Reviews

renee_w renee_w
Affordable, clean, but really noisy Jun 16, 2011
Before we came to Puerto Viejo we only looked up three different hotels, and this was number 2 on the list (Pagalu Hostel was fully booked unfortunately). The owner of the hotel is a German lady, and she could speak English very well. She showed us a couple of rooms which we could choose and we ended up choosing for a room with shared bathroom and two double beds for about 14 dollar p.p., which is not a lot! The room was really clean and we had a fan.

The owner was really nice, explaining us all about the village and what we could visit and really taking the time for us. It was too bad that we couldn't get any breakfast, because they were fixing the kitchen.

The biggest disadvantage of the hotel was that it was really noisy. The windows could not close, so when we were talking in our room, the whole hotel could listen in on our conversations (we were next to the reception area..). Also, above us was a wooden floor, which was really loud whenever somebody was walking in the room above us.

But other than this, I have no complaints whatsoever. It was a nice hotel, really clean and the staff was very helpful.

I was especially surprised to see that after check-out, we could leave our stuff there, go to the beach and when we got back we could use the shower again. This was really nice!

The location was okay, we could find it almost straight away (just follow the signs with Hotel Pura Vida) and since the village is really small you don't have to walk a lot to go to the beach for example. I would definitely recommend this hotel!
Entrance
View of the common area of the hot…
hannahbonanner hannahbo…
Hotel Pura Vida Apr 25, 2010
After spending a week in Costa Rica we wanted to stay some place nice on our last night and close to the airport. This place had the most amazing upscale dinner (homemade). There were two amazing German Sheppard’s on the property that just roamed around a let you put them. The owners were amazing, and were very welcoming. Our flight was very early in the morning so they packed all of us (4) with a breakfast to go! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a nice place close to the Airport in San Jose. On a clear day you can also see the volcano from the back yard.
1st course
2nd course
3rd course
tiffa tiffa
Awesome! Jun 16, 2009
I have stayed at this hotel three times now over the years. It is my favorite place to stay in Costa Rica.

The staff is very friendly- they are Germans who live in CR now (and have for a while, I believe).

The rooms are actually quite beautiful. Warm wood panels and charming decor. All rooms seem to have sinks and some rooms have bathrooms inside. I have stayed in three different rooms but there are only ten in the whole place!

The common areas have hammocks, chairs and tables. There are tropical plants everywhere and it's all open air. There is a wrap-around balcony on the second floor with doors for some of the rooms to access as well.

They have a small kitchen and they will make you breakfast or coffee and small things. Beer and other drinks are available until a certain hour.

It's very close to town(it's a very small town so everything is!) There are great restaurants nearby and the staff is willing to recommend places to eat, things to see.

It really is a wonderful little place!

The last time I was there, my boyfriend and I arrived after dark and we had to buzz at the gate- they didn't know we were coming. The hostess was there in her sarong and sandals buying coconuts from a man on a bicycle. She waived us in and finished her transaction while we sat in the little garden area, playing with the gentle old house dogs. When the coconut man left, she still had to handle some other business before she could help us so she asked us if we wanted some coconut while we waited. When we accepted, she just popped a few open some how and put straws in them and brought them to us at our table with a smile. Shortly she was giving us a tour of the available rooms and telling us where to get the best food that time of night. It was just a really pleasant experience as it has been every other time!

You will love this hotel, I promise!

The only thing is that it is a little hard to find if you don't know where you are going. Mostly because there are no street signs and the roads are dirt roads:) Basically, when you see the fence for the soccer field- you're in the right place!

Compare Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Hotel Rates (2.2km away)

Hotel Pura Vida Map