Hotel Port Royal

Soltau, Germany - 0180 5 919101

Hotel Port Royal Soltau Reviews

Inquisitive Inquisit…
One of the biggest theme parks in Germany Aug 19, 2009
Heide-Park is a theme park in Soltau, Lower Saxony. It is one of the biggest amusement parks in Germany, and I can say it is an incredible place to spend a day at if you are anywhere around. We actually weren’t close at all and had to drive almost 400 km to get there but it was by all odds worth it! I visited the park in August 2009 and my impression still lasts.

Heide-Park has about 40 rides divided into Kids-Action, Family Fun, Relax and X-Tremes groups, and I think everyone can find something to his liking there. The highlights are Colossos - the tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in Europe, and Scream - a 71 m gyro-drop (free-fall) tower. I tried them both, and while Colossos was lots of fun and I would have definitely ridden it twice if not for the long queues the mere thought of Scream still gives me the shivers. Even now I can feel that horror filling me when we were up there hanging in the air, the safe ground seemed far and unreal, and I was wondering how I could ever be such an idiot to have deliberately let myself in for it :D Even considering what a chicken-heart I am, big-time extreme lovers will find the ride thrilling enough. There are four more roller coasters, three lovely water rides and loads of other attractions to enjoy, both for families and travel buddies :)

The Park is closed for the winter – a new season starts in late March and lasts through till November. Operating hours are 9 to 18 daily. There are train and bus connections from Hamburg, Lüneburger and Hannover available but the most convenient way to get to the Park is certainly by car :) A one-day ticket costs 34 euro for adults and 27 euro for children in the age 4-11. There are also family tickets, birthday discounts and annual passes. For further information you can go to, English version also available. Ah, and there is a hotel in the Park for those willing to spend several days making their heads spin!
Colossos - the tallest wooden roll…
Our delight is easy to see :)
Dr_Seuss says:
Limit and the water rafts look similar to rides at Alton Towers here in UK,while Colossos looks like The Big One in Blackpool. I love these things, but haven't been for ages.
Posted on: Mar 18, 2010