Hotel Piatra Mare Poiana Brasov

Check Poiana Brasov Hotel Deals

Hotel Piatra Mare Poiana Brasov Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
Don`t go! Dec 31, 2011
My friends from Milano and I decided to spend New Year’s Eve together. And since they never visited Romania before, it sounded like a good choice to celebrate the end of the year in my country.

So for that event I chose a 4 star hotel located in Poiana Brasov, one of the most expensive winter resorts in Romania. Want to know what happened? Well, even now, six months later, I still feel embarrassed remembering the day we arrived there.

The hotel is rated 4 stars but it hardly has even 3 stars. So don't be fooled by the looby and the outside look, the rest is bad! The rooms were not 4 stars, old furniture and carpets looking more appropriate for an ordinary hostel. TV was of small size and old type, something what a grandma would choose to have on the wall in kitchen to listen to news while cooking:) Or maybe I`m wrong and even a grandma would choose something better like that!

The pool was very cold all time, plus it was located somewhere at a far end of the hotel (to reach the pool you must pass through reception, lobby bar, take the lift, then walk through a dark corridor, walk by a technic area, all the time “dressed” in a bathrobe and wearing slippers. Yeah, it was so nice to walk dressed in bathrobe through the lobby bar especially :(

But the worst part was the food! We had breakfast and dinner included in the price, breakfast was acceptable, but dinner was terrible! All culminated with the gala dinner on New Year`s Eve night. Food was almost non-existent, and it was so bad that everyone was eating empty rolls! The restaurant service was extremely poor, they didn`t have enough clean cups, or enough coffee, or bread etc... Everything was so bad that at 01.00 AM we were already in our rooms watching television.

Of course, there was no wi-fi internet. Cleanliness was just average, nothing exceptional. The only good thing was the room view.

It was a terrible experience for us, for which we paid a lot of money (200 euro/night because of high season - New Year`s Eve). My honest advice, don`t go there!
my 4-star room
my 4-star room
westwind57 says:
Vio, sad as your experience has been, it is somewhat comforting to me that at least one person in this site can relate to an experience we had (see my blog "Lost in our own hotel" http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/98257/ )
Thanks for sharing this :)
Posted on: Jun 07, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2012

Hotel Piatra Mare Poiana Brasov Overview

With its central location, Piatra Mare Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Poiana Brasov. The Piatra Mare Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers television, mini bar, daily newspaper. Guests staying at this Poiana Brasov accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as meeting facilities, safety deposit boxes, elevator. Hotel's guests can experience on-site latest leisure and sports facilities such as massage, sauna, spa. The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay. Please complete our secure online booking form by entering your period of stay.

Hotel Piatra Mare Amenities