Hotel Phoenicia Malta Valletta

Check Valletta Hotel Deals

Hotel Phoenicia Malta Valletta Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Really nice hotel in wonderful surroundings Dec 03, 2011
I was back in Valetta after having had a great day on the island. The day had been fabulous and I almost could not believe my luck driving around in sunny weather since I arrived there at 9.30 AM in the morning. My hotel for the night was in Valetta but I could not get a match on my GPS on the address that I had gotten on booking.com where I had booked the hotel.

I didn’t know the exact position but after some time I found it near the central bus station. I found a parking space behind the hotel and took my light packing out from the car and walked the stairs up from the back of the hotel.

It turned out that the hotel was fairly large and I was impressed by the size of the entrance hall, when I walked in. There was an enormous amount of people in the hall when I entered and all of them were dressed up for a wedding party. The receptionist found my booking and gave me a room on the sixth floor, which was on the top floor of the hotel. The hotel had some years on its back but it was one of these hotels that had aged with stile.

The halls that I passed were all broad and nicely decorated and I had the same experience when I entered my room. The room had a nice size with a huge king size bed as the centerpiece. I went to the windows and opened them; I had a great view of some of the harbor area and the lights of the city were shining towards me like stars. The interior was classic without being outdated. The walls where in soft white colors except for the wall behind the bed that was brown patterned. The bathroom was quite large and it was an old school with white tiles everywhere. I was quite pleased with what I had gotten.

The hotel was located pretty well just next to the central bus station and one of the old entrances to the old part of Valetta. After my walk in the city center I returned to the hotel only to find it completely full of weddings guests in the lounge areas and in the garden. It turned out that the wedding party had more than 700 guests and they were everywhere.

I managed to find a bar with a very skilled waiter and his skills were so good that I ended up being quite tipsy before I headed up for bed to a good night of sleep. I was heading for Cypress the following day but first at 2 pm so I decided to skip breakfast and sleep long the following day.

It was certainly a hotel that I could return to but next time I would ask if they have a huge wedding there because it kind of limited my usage of the garden area and the nice balcony they had.
Phoenicia Hotel Malta
The hall in front of my room
The room
My bed
Chokk says:
Thanks Jacques, you too

This wedding was with 700 guests and they told me that it was not even a big one. The big ones had 1500 guests - I would pass on a day like that.

On this occasion I was actually walking around at the party looking for the bar - no one did mind that. Guess it was fun in Turkey
Posted on: Jul 01, 2012
westwind57 says:
Nice review and sounds like a nice hotel. I agree that those big parties or conventions can be somewhat annoying, but I remember one time actually being invited in and party with them (in Turkey) :) Have a nice sunday, Christian!
Posted on: Jul 01, 2012

Hotel Phoenicia Malta Valletta Overview

Hotel Phoenicia Malta is a truly unique property. Situated at the doorstep of Valletta, Malta’s picturesque capital city, the Phoenicia is an elegant hotel offering guests an unparalleled experience in comfort, service and luxury.

The 136 elegantly appointed hotel rooms and suites offer all the comforts one would come to expect in a deluxe 5 star hotel. With a variety of rooms available to suite the diverse and demanding needs of today’s discerning traveller, Hotel Phoenicia Malta offers its guests the flexibility to choose from the newly upgraded Classic Plus, Executive Rooms or the Executive Suites offering guests a touch of the 21st century in beautiful contemporary surroundings.

The rich colonial atmosphere of the hotel is immediately recognisable on entering the Palm Court Lounge. Natural light follows in through the glass panes on the roof kissing the plush arm chairs and sofas spread around the lounge.

Dining at the Hotel Phoenicia Malta is a culinary journey into an array of local and Mediterranean cuisine. Victor Borg our Executive Chef, rated as one of the island’s leading Chefs has created an exquisite menu which will tantalise even the most demanding of taste buds.

Experience unparalleled views of the city’s 16th century bastions from the waters of the outdoor pool, or gather, with friends, or as wedding guests, in the sunlit private gardens with the city views as the backdrop. As you retire to your room, slip into your plush bathrobe, and bask in the welcoming ambiance of warm earth tones in your chicly appointed surroundings.

The renowned sites of Malta are just footsteps away from the hotel, including St John’s Co-Cathedral, with Caravaggio's masterpiece the Beheading of St John the Baptist, the Grand Master’s Palace, and the War Museum. Enjoy a celebrated selection of local and international performances in the magnificent baroque Manoel Theatre or St James Cavalier.

Valletta is also the business capital of Malta, with the Government offices, the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, the Chamber of Commerce, the Valletta Waterfront and the Mediterranean Conference Centre all at a short distance away.

Hotel Phoenicia Malta is the ideal place to experience subtle indulgences and cultural adventures.

Hotel Phoenicia Malta Amenities

• Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes