Hotel Peterhof

Hotel Peterhof Rates and Deals

Hotel Peterhof Kempten im Allgau Reviews

planxty planxty
Yet another brilliant find. May 28, 2017
I have mentioned on various occasions here and elsewhere that I tend to get marooned in certain places like the time I went to the Philippines for five weeks and stayed in one city for for nearly five months. Well, this time I got marooned in the rather wonderful Peterhof Hotel in Kempten im Allgau and most enjoyable it was too. In my own defence I should point out that I had slept five differtent beds and a night bus the in previous week so I needed bit of a sit down for a while. I had intended to stay two or three days just for a chillout even thought it was stretching the budget a touch.

It is perhaps a character flaw but I do tend to form impressions very quickly and literally by the time I had reached to reception desk I was sold. Apart from the fact that a quick glance around the foyer, lounge and bar showed the place to be pristine the young lady was beaming a smile, spoke perfect English and checked me in in doube quick time. Great stuff as I had to get out again to meet friends for dinner. Upstairs to a room that was not ostentious but was well-presented and certainly had everything planxty required. A quick hose down and I was off but I knew I had chosen well.

Coming back that evening it was not overly late as a lot of my friends had travel plans for the morning and so there was time for a beer or two in the lovely bar and a trip to the beautifully kept garden area for a smoke and a lay down in a very comfortable bed. After a pretty hectic day and a large evening meal, I was asleep before by head hit the pillow.

The morning I was due to leave, I just could not bring myself to do it as I was having such a relaxing time and there in such comfortable surroundings so I went and asked the young lady at reception if I could extend by two nights. This was to become both a pattern and indeed something of a standing joke between the staff and myself as, every two days I was back for the same procedure and, bless them I did not have to move rooms once.

Just a final word, again as mentioned in the main blog entry and that the the three sizeable and extremely soppy dogs that just lie down where they fancy in the foyer and it is up to you to make your round them. I think the lady said they were french shepherds which I had never heard of before. Like everything in this establishment they were a joy.

Highly recommended.
vicIII says:
Great experiences! Well done, my friend!:)
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017
Ils1976 says:
it seems you have luck with finding nice hotels! :D
Posted on: Aug 09, 2017
Kathrin_E Kathrin_E
Modern middle-class hotel Feb 09, 2017
Peterhof is a modern building in a street crossing on the edge of the old town. Traffic is busy, but my room was to the back, windows are good and I did not hear much street noise. The location is semi-convenient - everything of interest is within walking distance although not next-door. I would not attribute too much "flair" or "atmosphere" to the ambience to the interior but found everything all right, clean and functional, staff were friendly. If you want a middle-class hotel for a moderate price, Peterhof is an okay pick.

Big plus: Large breakfast buffet with a wide choice, the photo shows not even half of it.
Hotel Peterhof
Part of the breakfast buffet

Hotel Peterhof Overview

With its central location, Peterhof Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Kempten. The Peterhof Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Room amenities include inhouse movies, daily newspaper, desk. This Kempten accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. With elegant facilities and hospitality, guests at this hotel will surely have an impressive stay. To proceed with your reservation at the Peterhof Hotel via our secure online booking form, please enter your period of stay.

Hotel Peterhof Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower