Hotel Pension de Harmonie Edam

Average rate: $64 - Hotel class: 2 stars
Voorhaven 92-94, Edam, Netherlands
Hotel Pension de Harmonie - The accommodation, after I had made the bed up myself
Hotel Pension de Harmonie - If I had taken a step backwards, I would have fallen in the canal!
Hotel Pension de Harmonie - The cooker, fridge and sink
Hotel Pension de Harmonie - Looking towards the french doors which opened onto the roof-level walkway

Hotel Pension de Harmonie Edam Rates and Deals

Hotel Pension de Harmonie Edam Reviews

londonstudent londonst…
Basic Accommodation in a Picturesque Location May 14, 2010
My first impression was not particularly good, as the hotel was locked and the proprietor absent when I arrived to check in, although it was at the time that they had specified. A phone call established that he was out shopping. Perhaps his giving me a double room when I had booked a single was a quid pro quo for the inconvenience.

There are only a handful of rooms; mine and some others were in the roof, and were accessed by an external staircase and a kind of walkway at roof level. The room itself was large and clean, except for the ventilator in the roof, which was only at head-height; there can be no excuse for its dirty state. There were also cooking facilities, a sink and a fridge. The bathroom was small and did not contain a bath, but was otherwise perfectly adequate and very clean. There was copious hot water at all times of the day.

There was a television, which I did not attempt to use, but no telephone. The room had french doors that opened directly onto the walkway, but otherwise there was no opening window, so I imagine that it would get pretty hot in summer. The heating radiators worked efficiently.

An ironing board and iron were provided. The large bed was comfortable, but not made up when I arrived and I had to locate the sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover in a cupboard and make the bed up myself. The struggle with the duvet cover was possibly comical and definitely exhausting. The room was not cleaned or serviced during my two-night stay.

The price included breakfast, which was very basic and the same on both days. There was no menu and no choice: you ate what you were given, which turned out to be slices of processed ham, cheese, rolls, butter, jam, orange juice, and tea or coffee. For anyone used to the breakfast buffets at larger hotels this might come as something of a shock, but I found it perfectly adequate.

I would return; in many ways the simplicity was appealing. The cost was 70 euros a night for a single room, including tax and breakfast, but of course I have described the double room that I was actully given and for which the charge would have been 90 euros.

The hotel is delightfully situated by the canal, and the rooms are over a bar. However, there was no noise to disturb whilst I was there.
If I had taken a step backwards, I…
The accommodation, after I had mad…
The cooker, fridge and sink
Looking towards the french doors w…
ladyluck13and7 says:
Dryly funny and too the point!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2010
londonstudent says:
My pleasure :)
Posted on: Jun 12, 2010
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Jun 11, 2010

Hotel Pension de Harmonie Edam Overview

The Hotel Pension de Harmonie is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Edam. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. The guestrooms are equipped with television, shower, separate shower and tub, kitchenette. To suit guests' convenience, this Edam accommodation offers shops, coffee shop, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning. Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction. For your reservation at the Hotel Pension de Harmonie Edam, please select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

Hotel Pension de Harmonie Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower