Hotel Pacande

www.hotelpacande.com - (506) 2443-8481, (506) 2440-4287, (506) 8369-4666

Check Alajuela Hotel Deals

Hotel Pacande Alajuela Reviews

entro16 entro16
Perfect for the budget. Makes a great jumping off point. Beware of city noise. Feb 18, 2012
I am not sure how to start this review off. I will start with the basics and keep it short and sweet. If this review is/was helpful, please vote it as so.

Value: appx. $40/night for private room with two beds and private bathroom and shower. This is also a hostel. I did not use any of the hostel rooms. They looked clean enough. They are about half to a third of the price for a full-size private room.

Location: in the heart of Alajuela proper. Easy to find. However, city noise and traffic can be a little bit overwhelming if you are from a quiet locale. You are in a part of town where you can walk to the markets, catch cabs, get to the bus station, visit the main parks and mini parks.

Cleanliness: the hostel/hotel is very clean, so no complaints there. I did not use a hostel room nor did I have to worry about sharing a communal bathroom.

Amenities: par..you got breakfast, great service, use of the internet, and local phone when needed.

Bed: actually, beds were pretty nice. Just your basic bed in your basic hotel room. Nothing super fancy.

Bathroom: the room I had was a private bathroom with a private shower. It was clean and sufficient for our needs.

Service: the service was standard, plus. The owners understand English; let us pay when we checked out; gave great service by allowing us to utilize internet, phone, etc.

Now, I am going to type freely here. The owners have two locations: Hotel Pacande, which is in the heart of Alajuela, and Villa Pacande, which is on your way to Volcan Poaz. The hotel is also a hostel. The rooms are basic and nearly wafer thin. Just be prepared for softer conversations if you are traveling with someone. The location entrance is smack-dab in the middle of a busy street. The daily noise...If you are from NYC you may be use to it; if you are from central Kansas, it could be a very intimidating. Now add that you've just flown into a new country, it can be a little intimidating for anyone. I won't lie: I think Hotel Pacande is a great stay to get introduced into Costa Rica before you travel off to the countryside. We used it as a jumping off point when touching down; we used Villa Pacande as a landing point before heading back to the States.

Villa Pacande was very nice; you could call it their luxurious sister property. Seriously, it wasn't that luxurious, but it was well worth the price - about $50/night with breakfast. All rooms came with either two queen or one king size bed. There were only about 10 or so rooms on the property and it is located away from the city; so it was a well-deserved quiet stay before we headed back to the States the next day. If you are a person that wants to be in the thick of things and hear heavy city noise at night, then this location is not for you.

Both locations are clean and provide excellent service. I highly recommend both for different reasons. Enjoy your stay.

If this review is/was helpful, please vote it as so.
sylviandavid says:
Nice review. We arent' used to city noises to wld probably opt for the quiet one also.
Posted on: Feb 18, 2012