Hotel Norrtull

Hotel Norrtull Rates and Deals

Hotel Norrtull Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Seen better, but you sleep well Feb 12, 2010
Hotel Norrtull is situated a bit outside the city centre and not that far I away from where I work in Solna, which is a Stockholm suburb.

The hotel entrance didn't look like an ordinary one; it was a straight wall with a window into an empty restaurant that didn't look too appealing. I had to check a couple of times if this were the right place.

I entered the hotel through what I at first did not think was the entrance and found my way to a reception on the right. The reception looked like a cold not too welcoming and friendly place. The male receptionist greeted me and he was extremely efficient. In a moment he gave me a room on the fourth floor and guided me to an elevator that was in the back of the hotel; while I walked there I was not really sure I was going the right way but I continued until I found the elevator. It turned out that the guy obviously knew his hotel because my room was just next to the elevator.

The room had a nice size and which probably was the most positive I had to say about the room. The room was cold with a small single bed in the corner. The bed turned out to be okay though. I looked out of the window and saw that I was situated in a normal housing area.

I looked again at the room; there was a wooden floor like in many of other Stockholm hotels that I had visited this year and the room had a small red carpet in the middle; how cozy! The bathroom was small but it had the functions that you needed. There was a TV with mostly Swedish channels and a few international.

The room was situated on the fourth floor, which hopefully would give me a view over the neighbourhood and away from any street noise. It was dark when I arrived so I had no possibility to check the view.

I left the room in order to find a place to eat; at first I thought that it would be necessary to eat at hotel, which I hoped to avoid. I don't like those hotel restaurants that look like a canteen and this was one of them. Not far from the hotel I found a place; the Bishops Arms that turned out to be good.

The lobby area in the hotel was large and full of nice chairs surrounding small tables. The bar was not much to hang around in and there were very few people there when I walked by. The lobby looked much more appealing during the daytime than at night.

The breakfast was okay but they ran out of some of the breakfast products before everybody had eaten. The environment reminded me again of a large company canteen, but maybe the Swedes like it like this.

Check-out worked fast and they had good contacts to the taxi companies and one arrived for me in less than 10 min.
The sign above the entrance
The view from my room
The hotel lobby in the morning
The hotel in a cold night

Hotel Norrtull Overview

Situated close to Stockholm city centre, Hotel Norrtull is truly a hotel with an atmosphere like no other. The hotel was inaugurated in June 2007, and is housed in one of the most distinct historic buildings in Stockholm, with bars, restaurants and shopping not far away. Thanks to the various conference and event facilities, something is always going on at Hotel Norrtull, be it art, fashion or business! Enjoy a drink at the bar or a good meal at the hotel's restaurant. Guest amenities include free access to Internet points, as well as complimentary wireless Internet connection in the lobby, a movie theater, pooltable and an underground car park. The hotel is run independently and is constantly evolving, with a staff known for its accommodating way. You can expect a high level of service during your stay at Hotel Norrtull.

Hotel Norrtull Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Exhibit Space
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower