Hotel Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco

Check Joao Pessoa Hotel Deals

Hotel Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco Joao Pessoa Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Excellent beach hotel in Joao Pessoa Aug 27, 2017
The coastal city of Joao Pessoa is renowned as being the “city where the sun rises first”, due to its location in all the Americas as the eastern most city. The main road winding along the coast is Cabo Branco Avenue, where many hotels can be found. The Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco Hotel is located near the center of the Praia de Cabo Branco, the curving stretch of sandy beach popular for swimming and other beach activities. Many of the hotels in Joao Pessoa are called Nord something or other and telling hotels apart by name can be a little challenging. Basically there are three kinds: Nord Easy, Nord Class and Nord Luxxor. The price differences vary somewhat, but not by much, so it’s more a matter of the style of hotel you wish to enjoy I gather. By the way, the Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco is also known as the Luxxor Skylar, which may be an earlier name, but the some signs and labels for the hotel still reflect that name.

I transferred to the Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco from the Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco to be more in the center of things while I attended a meeting in the city. They were expecting me when I arrived and all the check in details had been transferred to the hotel already, so I just had to identify myself and got the hotel key card in my hand in short time. Already, just from the lobby area, I could tell this was going to be a much better hotel than the one I had transferred from. If interested in that story, then see my review on that previous hotel for Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco:

The room was very much to my liking, a corner room on the 3rd floor looking down on the street below and the beach beyond - great views to see and wake up to every day. The room itself was a decent size and roomy enough for my liking. Bright and cheery inside with a desk, TV, small table with a couple of chairs and a very nice bed, comfortable with ample pillows. There was also an extra smaller bed in the room. The bathroom had plenty of elbow space and not cramped at all with a good sized walk in shower and sink area. I really enjoyed the little outdoor corner balcony to sit for a while in the mornings or evenings and take in the views below. A really nice spot for a room I have to say!

The breakfast room on the ground floor has large windows facing the street, and the offerings there were numerous in choice: breakfast meats, cheeses, eggs, cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries and cakes. There were some Brazilian dishes with rice and what looked like cous cous as well as some others for local flavor. Coffee, tea, milk, and a few juices were available for drinks. The food was pretty good for hotel breakfast and I usually ate fairly early each day before my meeting, so didn’t see too many other guests partaking of breakfast while I was there. The staff were fairly helpful with any questions, otherwise they went about their business fairly efficiently.

There is a pool out in front of the hotel on the same corner side where my room was located. Not a large pool, but big enough to enjoy swimming around a bit. The lobby has abundant sitting space with a few long sofas and chairs. There’s a big TV here also, and a side room with a foosball (table soccer) game and pool table. Up on the top level of the hotel is a spa area and a lounging area to enjoy the sun or take in the views up and down Cabo Branco Avenue with the beach beyond. The views were great from up here, and some of the tall buildings of Joao Pessoa could also be viewed. The staff were always helpful and friendly. This hotel basically has everything you could want out of a hotel and I enjoyed my stay here very much.
Hotel Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco
Lobby sitting areas
Lobby sitting areas
Game room
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Jim, and I quite enjoyed this hotel. Very pleased with my stay here for a week, and the view from my corner balcony was always nice to wake up to.
Posted on: Nov 08, 2017