Hotel Nicolas Bruges

Check Brugge Hotel Deals

Hotel Nicolas Bruges Brugge Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Great location & value in Bruges Jul 07, 1999
This Hotel is excellently located just a couple minutes walk from Market Square, the center of activity in Bruges. Well, it's not a large city anyway, so this may not be so important, but it's really close - within shouting distance you might say. Nevertheless, for the price so close to the center I thought the value was very good. There is nothing fancy about this hotel and it is very basic, but clean, comfortable and affordable. The rooms are a bit on the smallish size (single anyway for what I had), but furnished in a way that doesn't make you feel confined or cramped for space.

You only have to step outside and take a short walk to see the Belfort (Belfry of Bruges), a medieval bell tower in the historical centre and one of the city's most prominent symbols. The street it is located on is peaceful and typical of the style you will find in meandering the quaint and quiet streets of the city, so it has a good feel in coming home after a day of travel too, like an apartment home. I enjoyed staying here and it felt tucked away like a home, but so close to the center I could be there in a few minutes and experience some activity in the Market Square.

This is a retro review for me, and I stayed there in 1999, but the flavor is likely the same. My experience with such cities is that they don't change much in a decade or so. I did research a bit on it in Tripadvisor, and believe my impressions stand up in time to today based on what I read there. It was exceptionally cheap for me back then too (~ $40 USD) per night. The price was nice and location twice as nice. I enjoyed it as my home base in exploring Bruges.
Hotel Nicolas
Hotel street view
Hotel entrance
Hotel staircase
spocklogic says:
Yeah, that's right. In 1999 I flew from Rome to Paris, then took a train to Bruuge, then a train to Amsterdam. It wasn't that long a ride from Brugge to Amsterdam. Sometimes we neglect the things that are close by, assuming, I guess, we can go anytime we want. You can see it all in a daytrip really, but the museums would probably take more time.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2013
Paulovic says:
Can you believe I have never been to Brugge??? And it is only 1,5hours driving from where I live!! I really want to go there soon! :) and this sounds like a very decent place to stay. If I won't make a daytrip of it! ;)
Posted on: Mar 10, 2013

Hotel Nicolas Bruges Overview

Discover all that Bruges / Brugge has to offer with Hotel Nicolas as a base. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. In-room facilities include non smoking rooms, shower. This Bruges / Brugge accommodation features on-site facilities such as elevator. Along with its convenient location in Bruges / Brugge, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. Make your reservation at the Hotel Nicolas Bruges / Brugge now by selecting your chosen dates of stay and submitting our secure online booking form.

Hotel Nicolas Bruges Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Complimentary Toiletries
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels