Hotel New King

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals

Hotel New King New Delhi Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Pretty good! Mar 06, 2011
Value: at 300 R per night, this is pretty good value for money compared to many other hotels in the area. You get what you pay for really, so there aren't fancy beds or services, but you aren't shortchanged for the money you give here. They do try to sell you these expensive tours to make extra money out of you, but I'd avoid these.

Location: just minutes away from the railway station and metro, this is a great little place for anyone who is visiting New Delhi for the first time!

Cleanliness: decent if you compare it to normal standards in such hotels in northern India.

Amenities: not much really apart from the expensive tours on offer. Good area so there are plenty of shops nearby.

Bed: comfortable with clean sheets.

Bathroom & Shower: clean by Indian standards. I really didn't have a problem with their bathroom. It might be wise to bring your own toilet roll (they charge for this!) or just opt for the traditional water method! Hot water is available for showers, but advance warning of 5-10 mins is advisable.

Service: polite staff and they are quite keen to be friendly and helpful. Can't really fault them.
natasha_hf natasha_…
You get what you pay for with the hotel and location Mar 06, 2011
This place was cheap (350 rupees for a room) and in the main backpacker area so I wasn't expecting anything too fanciful and that's just what I got. The room itself would be ok if it had been cleaned sometime in the last few years. I'm absolutely fine with 'basic' and have stayed in some veritable dives while travelling. I don't mind old furniture and nooks and crannies from years of decay if that's the price you're paying. But it would take minimal effort to clean, say, the thick layer of dust off the walls and I would really encourage the owners to consider putting a bit more effort into this side of things. Also, there was no hot water but that certainly didn't bother me at this time of year - in the winter though it's something to consider.

Saying that, I slept reasonably - minus occasional power cuts (turning the fan off in the middle of the night) - and the staff were friendly (I didn't feel like they were out just to rip me off and they were helped me out when i wanted to make some local calls) and the hotel itself felt reasonably safe. The area is definitely rough and ready and it is like living on a building site at some times but move 20 minutes down the road to Connaught and the prices rocket.

I also got a pick up from the airport which cost me 500 rupees, This was pretty pricey compared to taking a taxi but also standard I think for all the hotels in the area. It also meant that I didn't have to find the place myself which would have been a struggle - especially arriving in Delhi for the first time!

All in all, it was bearable but in future I would probably look for something else a bit better, and cleaner, in the area even if it was slightly more expensive.

Hotel New King Overview

You have come to right place if you are looking for a neat & budget place to stay in New Delhiā€™s Paharganj Area that is 5 minutes walk from New Delhi Railway Station. With rooms reasonable priced and facilities like private bath with 24 hrs. hot water, very neat rooms with clean linen, TV & telephone in rooms, it makes us the best value for your money in town. All our rooms are very clean with windows and a unique airflow system that keeps stale air away from the rooms. This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Hotel New King Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels