Hotel New Hankyu Osaka

Hotel New Hankyu Osaka Rates and Deals

Hotel New Hankyu Osaka Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Very noisy location Jun 09, 2010
I chose the New Hankyu Hotel Osaka because of the convenient location, just across the street from JR Osaka station. This turn out to be a big mistake. The hotel is sandwiched between a busy street, JR train tracks and the Hankyu train tracks. Obviously not a place to get a good rest.

Since I had "lost" a night flying in from Europe I asked for a quiet room. The receptionist smiled and said "of course". When I got to my floor, had turned left and right, walked down three corridors I arrived at my room at the very end of the hallway. When I opened the door I thought I had entered a sauna. I immediately tried to open the window, but that was not possible, it was sealed. I called the reception and after waiting half an eternity I guy came with a tool and opened it. Great! It turned out that my room was right next to 12 pairs of train tracks - very quiet indeed!!!!

I left the window open and went out. Very bad idea! On the ground floor was the shopping malls food court. The stench of fried food was sucked in through the ventilation system and spewed out and up to my room. When I returned it smelled of fried food.

The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. It had TV (Japanese channels only), coffee/tea making facilities and free WI-FI if you brought your own laptop. If not, you could rent one for ¥1200 (1 night/2 days) or you could use one of the two PC in the lobby which charged ¥100 pr 10 minutes (no printer).

Breakfast was not included. At the coffee shop or in the restaurant in the lobby you could have American breakfast (¥2450), Continental breakfast (¥1270) or Japanese breakfast (¥1920).

There was also a jewellery shop, a flower shop and a beauty parlor in the lobby. The airport limousine center is right next to the hotel (¥1500 one way/¥2700 round trip).

The location of New Hankyu Hotel Osaka is very convenient, but it is too noisy for my liking so I will not stay here again.
New Hankyu Hotel OSaka
Main entrance to New Hankyu Hotel …
Internet access
Glynnes says:
Great review and photots. Thanks.
Posted on: Jun 09, 2010

Hotel New Hankyu Osaka Overview

Being in the heart of the city makes this hotel one of the best locations on offer. The Umeda area of Osaka is not to be missed with it's lively atmosphere, restaurants, cafes and shops with something for everyone.(0907yy)The rooms are medium sized and simply decorated.The rooms are medium sized and simply decorated.This hotel is located in the heart of city near to Osaka Umeda Station, approximately one hour's drive from Kansai International Airport and a thirty minutes drive from Osaka International (Itami) Airport. There is easy access to public transportation and also to the airports with the bus station close to the hotel's main entrance.Plenty of restaurant and cafes both in the hotel itself and the surrounding Umeda area offering a wide range of cuisines from formal dining to casual snacks.A large 10-storey building with a spacious entrance area.A large open plan lobby with a huge lounge leading to some caf�s, a further lounge and shops. Town Information is available from the front desk or concierge desk in the lobby.

Hotel New Hankyu Amenities