Hotel Neum

Hotel Neum Rates and Deals

Hotel Neum Reviews

EmEm EmEm
Grand Hotel Neum Mar 07, 2017
Grand Hotel Neum is a very good three star hotel. This is the first hotel built at Neum Riviera and is still the largest. It is located at the very end of the bay, in my opinion the worst part of the coast for a resort. However, none of the newer hotels in the Riviera does not have a better design.

Grand Hotel Neum was originally a retirement home, opened in 1977 as a semi-open facility, and later became a commercial object. Upgrade of the Pensioners (hotel annex) was completed in 1983 and then the facility changed its name to the hotel Neum. After years of negligence it was renovated fully and changed the name again into the one in the headline.

Neum is not my favorite destination for holidays, but for some Bosnian citizens who can not afford a passport it is the only hope for the holidays at sea.

I spent a weekend in a luxurious double room with a balcony with sea view. It was equiped by international standards: air conditioning, satellite LCD TV, mini bar, bathroom with hairdryer, WIFI Internet, safe and telephone. The hotel offers also free wifi, secured parking, indoor and outdoor pool- for those who do not love the sea in Neum. There is also a congress center, wellness and spa.

The room was cozy and clean and the bed was comfortable. A private bathroom was very nice with shower and small accessories for personal hygiene. In the national restaurant they offered for dinner some food I did not like at all, so I went to sleep with almost empty stomach. In a bar they offer local wine with the smell of vinegar. On Saturday evening on the terrace of the hotel there was a concert of a popular Croatian singer, the reason why we came here to spend the weekend. In the morning it was not much of a bid for breakfast, poor for my choice, just to put something in an empty stomach. In a nearby store I bought a sandwich to my taste.

From my balcony I had a look down on the pebbly beach with natural gravel, where some kids were swimming in the shallows. As far as I know this is one of a few shallow waters in the place, because the steep coast of the whole Neum Riviera fits better as a port for ships, then the seaside resort. From the hotel there is a view across the bay on the Turski Rep Peninsula, which closes the view towards the open sea.

Forty years ago here existed only a few houses, today it is overcrowded place, full of shops and accommodations. The coast is very long with a promenade from the end of the bay to almost border on the other side, and in summer it is crowded with tourists. A highway passes through the place connecting it with Ploče( Croatia) in the north and Dubrovnik to the south, and one still very bad road to the interior of Bosnia on the east.
Ils1976 says:
sounds interesting!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2017
EmyG EmyG
Let's sleep in the Neum hotel Jan 15, 2014
Hotel Neum is a 3 star hotel with long tradition; it was built for the Navy in the Soviet’s era. It is the largest hotel at Neum Riviera. Neum is a resort town and in fact, the only seaside resort in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This 9 km long stretch of Bosnia and Herzegovinian territory, which informally has been called the Neum corridor, divides Croatia into two parts. The hotel is located in the very central part of the city and has a desirable location. It is located on a hill and that provides a nice view of the Neum Bay. It is situated less than 100 meters from the sea shore. To the beach you can go by a stairway or by one of three elevators. The beach is far away from perfect. I would rather call it an entrance to the sea than a beach. It is very small and is made mostly out of concrete. However, most of beaches in this region look like that. Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina are not Maldives for sure. The hotel has a swimming pool with sea water, which is a bit surprising since the pool doesn’t border with the sea. I haven’t been there. I chose the sea since a pool I can have as well at home. With the sea in Warsaw it would be a bigger problem. The Adriatic Sea in this place is not wavy. The Neum Bay is surrounded by hilly isles. Pity, I like when the sea looks like a sea, not like a lake. I wouldn’t recommend this place for families with small kids. The seabed is rocky. It is hard to walk without shoes and it is impossible for kids to use their sand toys here. Water is getting deep just after few meters from the shore. Pedal boats, sun beds and umbrellas are extra paid. But Bosnia and Herzegovina is cheap, so also renting such things is cheap. There is also a lobby bar and a terrace. The view from the terrace is extremely amazing. When we came we couldn’t find our room. The hotel was built on the slope and that’s why the floors numbering is a totally mess. The lowest floor is 5 floors lower than the hotel’s entrance. What is even more interesting, to reach the beach from the hotel you must pass through the air-raid shelter. Have you ever seen a shelter in a hotel? Rather unusual… Rooms were clean. Security in this hotel is really poor. Someone entered my friend's room and stole money and the camera. Summing up: a good hotel only for undemanding tourists.
the view from my room
the view from my room
Neum Hotel
beach
EmyG says:
Well, I stayed here an overnight during a yacht trip of Adriatic. I saw only the hotel room and this poor beach :) This year I will maybe make a stop here again.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Interesting review here. I crossed Neum twice by bus and the bus always took a break there, so that the Croatian bus drivers could buy some cheap cigarettes in BiH.
Posted on: Feb 08, 2017

Hotel Neum Overview

The Hotel Neum is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Neum. The Hotel Neum boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. All of the guestrooms are replete with daily newspaper, television, bathtub, shower, separate shower and tub, balcony/terrace, satellite/cable TV.Hotel facilities offered at this Neum accommodation include 24hr room service, shops, elevator, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities. Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise golf course (on site), water sports (non-motorized), outdoor pool, garden. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. To make your reservation at the Hotel Neum via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Hotel Amenities

• Pool Outdoor
  • Live Music
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Neum

First stop on the way to Mostar
Actually, it wasn't the first stop... before that we had to cross the border into Bosnia which only took about 20 minutes. The guide told us that sometimes it takes over an hour to cross the border, …Neum looks pretty touristy, with plenty of large hotels, but the beaches appear to be sandy and the water…

Check Hotel Rates and Deals