Hotel Namche

Namche Bazaar, Nepal

Compare Pangboche Hotel Rates (9.7km away)

Hotel Namche Namche Bazaar Reviews

1971K2 1971K2
Better to be had May 17, 2011
As written in the Lonely Planet guide 2009, the price for all rooms with shared toilet facilities in Namche Bazaar have all been fixed at the standard price of 200 NPR for a night.

Thus you pay the same price for rooms of various quality, so "shopping" around to find the best value for money can be worth it if you're traveling unsupported, and if you have enough energy.

I arrived quite puffed out, and decided to take a room in Hotel Namche, despite the stench of the squat toilets on the 1st floor, where my room was located.

Having a second wind and feeling like exploring the other establishments around town, I left my room. Whilst having lunch at the Khumbu Lodge next door, I inspected their rooms and found that there rooms and toilets were much better kept.

So I returned to Hotel Namche and told the older lady owner (Didi) that I wasn't happy with the room and toilet. She had me shown another room on the 2nd floor with a western toilet, but it was still not very well kept, so I told her I was moving hotels.

In the end, she insisted that I pay 100 NPR for the room as I had occupied it for all of 15 mins when I checked in 2 hours ago ...

There still is a never-ending lot of new hotels being built in Namche and thus a lot of new competition coming up. It's a shame that as a hotel that is listed in the LP, Hotel Namche feels it can rely on this listing for customers without providing rooms and toilets of a decent standard.

There are much better hotels to be had in Namche, so if you're there in the low season and if you have a choice, give Hotel Namche a miss.

Related Travel Blogs About Hotel Namche

Lukla-Kathmandu
Before leaving Namche Bazaar, Khumbu Lodge assisted in by calling a hotel in Lukla to confirm my flight for the next day to Kathmandu. Little did I know that they rarely stick to the schedule on your…Namche Bazaar, Khumbu Lodge assisted in by calling a hotel in Lukla to confirm my flight for the next…
Lukla-Monjo
Not surprisingly, my 7.45am flight did not leave in time from Kathmandu, but we did eventually get there. 1st thing to do when arriving at domestic is to pay the departure tax of 170 NPR and check-in…Namche Bazaar), instead of staying at Phakding. The number of hotels at Phakding has expanded and construction of new lodges…

Compare Pangboche Hotel Rates (9.7km away)

Namche Bazaar Map