Hotel Moti Mahal

079 2212 1882

Hotel Moti Mahal Ahmedabad Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
Just convenient before/after taking trains... that's it. May 03, 2013
This hotel is located near the Ahmedabad main train station and I stayed there just a night before that I took the train back to New Delhi.

I think this place is suitable for those who needs convenience, and if you need to have a friendly atmosphere, it's not the place.

The room was very clean and well maintained. I liked it that they provided toilet rolls and towels in a room. And I liked it that the check-out time was 24hrs after the arrival and I could get relaxed in my own room before my train leaves in the early evening.

The front desk was doing their own job and I could basically trust them. However this hotel was mainly for domestic businessmen so they didn't have so much info or knowledge about tourists sites in Ahmedabad. So you have to have your own info if you need that sort of information. They will tell you the appropriate price for the rickshaws if you tell them addresses of the destination though.

The restaurant on the ground floor were open for 24hours. It was not luxurious restaurant although it was not the cheapest kind. But it was good at least you don't have to worry about your food even when you arrive at the hotel late with vacant stomach.

Anyway, it's not the place for those who want to have a relaxing stay for a few days to a week, or to meet people, but I was happy with the convenience of having a place before the night train.
cooldent cooldent
One of the best mughlai food i had at the most affordable price Aug 30, 2008
Tucked in a street opp the railway station is this small and crowded muslim restaurant. If you want to avoid the crowds you can sit upstairs in air conditioned comfort. The food is Mughlai. The Mutton Kebabs are a must try. It literally melts in your mouth. The Tandoori's are also very good.

Check Ahmedabad Hotel Deals