Hotel Monteleone

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals

Hotel Monteleone New Orleans Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
Heart of the French Quarter Jun 05, 2011
This hotel is right in the middle of the French Quarter. We stayed here several years back,,, and before Katrina hit. So I can't be sure of their status now. I did read they are doing some renovations.

We stayed in a suite, to have plenty of room for our group.

The rooms were very comfortable, plenty of places to sit.

Closet space was ample for 4 people in this suite.

The bath had enough towels for all of us, as we had requested enough for 4.

The hotel lobby is beautiful. What I remember most is the clock. They had this HUGE grandfather clock. I got photos of this, but can't find them at this moment. It was the largest clock I have ever stood next to. I was thinking that clock should be in TEXAS! LOL

Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

But the main thing was the location.

We chose this hotel due to the fact it was walking distance to all major things you would want to see in the French Quarter. Like the Farmers Market or eat at the Famous Court of 2 Sisters, and a walk down Bourbon Street. It is also close to where street vendors will paint/chalk your picture, and that kind of fun stuff.

The staff was very helpful when we asked for walking directions EVERY time.,. which was often. In New Orleans, you walk. I have been there many times since I was a child, and I can't think of ever taking a taxi except to and from the airport! Everything in the French Quarter is close.. probably 8 square blocks? I am guessing... but I know I have walked it.

This hotel puts you smack dab in the middle. (that may be a Texas saying :^) I would say The Monteleone has old world charm.... which is kinda what you come for in New Orleans.

We stayed about 4 days.

We were there during the colder months, so we did not get to try the pool.

Food in this hotel is excellent. or it was on our stay, I assume the "chef" is the same. Can't be sure after a major Hurricane!! But if it is the same,,,, you will not be disappointed.
crf3302 crf3302
Wonderful hotel and location May 20, 2011
Wonderful hotel. The staff is great. I was there for Mardi Gras so a bit of noise is to be expected in the hallways. The concierge was really helpful, recommending some wonderful restaurants and pointing out the best places on the parade route. The hotel's Carousel Bar is the perfect place to start or finish your night in New Orleans. I will be sticking with this hotel for my future visits to the Big Easy!
lou58 lou58
Affordable luxury in the heart of Jazz city Mar 04, 2009
If you are headed for New Orleans for Mardi Gras in March or to just hang out in the live music scene, the Monteleone is a fabulous French inspired jewel for the average holiday traveller. From the chandeliers in the grand foyer to the trendy carousel cocktail bar, to the rooftop swimming pool and gym, oversized rooms and excellent concierge... For about US$120 a night you are at the doorstep of many cafes, restaurants and bars, and a close walk to the sumptuous French Quarter where streets of irresistable antique shops and art galleries await your visit. One of the highlights of our USA trip for sure.
sybil sybil
May 03, 2007
This family owned hotel on royal st (just one block off bourbon and about 2 blocks off canal) is just the perfect location. it is close to the action yet quiet enough that you can sleep. i strongly recommend requesting a higher floor to ensure quiet. the rooms are ok, they are clean and big enough (but not as big as i would like them to be). there is a rooftop gym, which makes working out not such a bore with a view of the city on one side or the river on the other. there is also a rooftop pool, which is great on a humid day. but, beware, when there is heavy rain, the lobby could get flooded. no worries.... It recedes fairly quickly. it is just a function of the entire city getting flooded easily... Something about the pumps not working too well.... but, you can wait out the rain at the bar. the carousel bar on the first floor is great for happy hour and has the novel concept of the bar rotating like a carousel.
the chandelier at the lobby
the room
the flooded first steps of the lob…
the flooded street outside the hot…

Hotel Monteleone Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes