Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery

Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery Rates and Deals

Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Could have been better Jun 18, 2010
I arrived after midnight pretty agitated; tired and unsatisfied at the Hotel Mondial am Dom next to the impressive Cologne Cathedral. I was actually booked in another hotel, but they had made something wrong with their booking system, so I had to find the Hotel Modial am Dom as my stay for the next coming days.

There were several reasons for my bad start at this hotel; I had started the day travelling to Stockholm and had been there all there day and had taken a plane to Düsseldorf via Copenhagen and I had rented a car in Dusseldorf in order to drive Cologne a city I had visited many times. Due to the construction of the metro in Cologne it had taken me more than 40 minutes getting from one hotel to the other.

Hotel Mondial am Dom was supposed to be luxury hotel in the heart of downtown but I found the hotel under reconstruction with the whole surrounding area dug up as well. If it was a classy five star hotel it was difficult to see. The hotel was far from being the ideal hotel for both vacation and business travellers wishing to stay in the city as they stated.

As soon as you got in to the hall I could see that this once had been a great hotel, and the Mondial chain had just taken the hotel over from Sofitel. The hall was very spacious and the lounge area lokked nice and relaxing. The receptionist was informed about my arrival and tried to save the situation as good as he could. He gave me a room in the quiet wing as he said and I went to my room on the 3 floor.

The room had nice facilities but had a used smell to it and felt a bit too over crowded. There were loads of wooden plates on the wall and the closets had inlays of different colour wood and it had been a high quality hotel once. I had gotten a room facing the inner courtyard isolated from the surrounding world and it was probably that he had meant with a quiet room. The bed was really nice, with some nice pillows as well; it was very close that I got into it straight away. The bath room turned out to be really nice but old fashioned.

I left the room to go down the bar which was open a bit longer; I needed to get some of my irritation out of the body before I went to bed. The bar was nice and there were only two other guys there. The ceiling in the bar was really nice and colourful and otherwise it looked like a nice classic bar. What really counted was that they had some of the good Kölsch beers which I like; I ended up having two small beers before I went to bed.

The breakfast at the hotel was of a really good quality; there was everything you could wish for from a five star hotel, even a cook making omelettes.
The room
The fabulous ceiling in the bar
A closet with wooden inlay
The room
Chokk says:
Thank you:) Always so sweet.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010
Glynnes says:
Nicely written. Thanks.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010

Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery Overview

In the heart of Cologne's Altstadt, the Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery is minutes from Gallery Of Mirrors, Farina Fragrance Museum and Cologne Cathedral. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Cologne with Wallraf Richartz Museum and Museum Fur Angewandte Kunst Koln within a 10 minute walk. The neighbourhood is well-known for shopping.

The Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery offers a 5-star experience in arguably Cologne's premier address. It is within a two minute walk from Roman Germanic Museum, and Great Saint Martin Church is about five minutes away. Business facilities include meeting rooms and an overhead projector. In addition to a sauna and a steam room, the hotel offers a business centre, a spa & wellness centre and conference room(s).

The Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on the place to go and let loose. Guests can order room service around the clock.

Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne - MGallery Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Towels
  • Shower
  • Bathtub/Shower Combination
  • Cots
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Cell phone/mobile rental