Hotel Miramar

Check Santa Marta Hotel Deals

Hotel Miramar Santa Marta Reviews

dunn4040 dunn4040
You get what you pay for Dec 22, 2010
"You get what you pay for". Never before have those words been so true. Where to begin.......

Let's start off with the location. It's actually very convenient. Five minute walk right into the heart of Santa Marta and just a stone's throw from the main street.

There is a front desk/tourism agent who spoke decent English and was very helpful booking my trek to Ciudad Perdida. She also helped me find a few other things in Santa Marta and showed me where to go/where to avoid. There are computers with internet access but they were not working during my stay. There is also a small in house restaurant that provides cheap meals.

Another positive, the price. Some rooms as cheap as $4 with private rooms as cheap as $7. If you are on a budget you will not find accommodation this cheap anywhere else in the city. That being said, you get what you pay for. The private rooms are small, dark, and have an almost prison feel to them. There is a bed, a small nightstand, and a fan that looks like it has barely survived the last three decades. The bathrooms are pretty bad. The door was basically half cardboard and the shower was among the worst I have ever seen.

Overall, I can't really recommend this place unless you are trying to spend the least amount of money as possible. I don't regret staying here by any means though. I try to look at everything as a good experience and take something away from everywhere that I visit. This place was definitely an experience.

Check Santa Marta Hotel Deals