Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Rates and Deals

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Reviews

russiabear russiabe…
Dec 17, 2012
location is perfect. since NEX stops at Ikebukuro, and is less than 300m from the JR station

rooms are typically small but sufficient.

tv stations are ok for japanese entertainment, but limited foreign channels.

there is wired internet, and some may even have wireless internet. my room had both and free too.

breakfast is not always included. mine wasn't, which is fine with me since i prefer eating out.
bathroom
VAMJJ VAMJJ
Great Hotel with a view! Feb 14, 2011
I decided to treat myself for my 46th birthday and take a trip to Tokyo. This was my first trip outside the United States. I read several forums and travel books on places to stay and decided on Ikebukuro. The Hotel Metropolitan is rated number one on this site for the area and I was not disappointed in any way. I took the Airport Limousine which is a huge charted bus from Narita Airport. The bus drops you right at the hotel and the cost is around 6500 yen round trip. Let me first say first that a lot of reviewers have complained about the size of the rooms, unless you are use to staying in palatial suites you will be more than satisfied. I'm more of a Days Inn type of guy. I had booked a single economy room and the staff automatically upgraded me to a larger room on the 22nd floor. The room had two beds, a table with two chairs, HDEF TV, and a beautiful bathroom. Also they have those ToTo toliets-you have to try one out it's amazing. The room was clean and simply decorated and had refrigerator in the front dresser. I couldn't ask for more and I never felt cramped in any way. The hotel has numerous restaurants and places to shop. The first nite I decided to order room service after the exhausting trip from Chicago. The food was better than I expected and service impeccable. The prices for some of the restaurants in the hotel are a bit steep but they're are plenty of places to eat a stone throws away. Right across the street is a Mos Burger and down the street there is a KFC and Mcdonalds. There is also a small shopping mall across the street with plenty of places to eat and small Japanese eateries everywhere. I originally planned to stay in Shinjuku but I'm glad I decided Ikebukuro-I liked it much better. The train station is a couple of blocks away and you can get to anywhere you need to. If I had any complaints and it's not really --a lot of forums said that many people speak English in Tokyo. I did not find that to be true in my experience. Even in the hotel the front staff is fairly proficient but some of the shops and restaurants you might have some problems. I did learn some Japanese phrases before I left but it was no way enough. I found myself downtown one day lost and stopped a policeman but no luck--so be prepared. If I ever go back to Japan I would definitely stay at this hotel. ---MJ
Eric says:
Thanks for your review!
Posted on: Feb 14, 2011
dreamseeker dreamsee…
Good hotel Mar 09, 2011
This was the other hotel I stayed at in Tokyo. Lots of amenities, excellent location as it's near Ikebukuro station. Comfortable stay overall. Lots of restaurants in the surrounding area and shops too. Good hospitality from staff, they were easily approachable for questions.

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Overview

The Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo is situated in the heart of one of the world’s busiest commercial centers, the prominent Ikebukuro district. Sunshine City is only a kilometer from the hotel and is home to the Sunshine 60. This building, one of the tallest in East Asia, houses a large variety of shops, offices, a planetarium, aquarium, and an indoor theme park. The Narita International Airport is 40 miles away from the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Ikebukuro. The hotel is also located right next to the Ikebukuro train and subway station.

All of the 814 spacious rooms in the Metropolitan Hotel in Tokyo feature high speed Internet access, cable TV, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, and individual climate controls.

Guests staying in the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo will be able to dine at any one of the on-site restaurants that offer a selection of Sichuanese, Cantonese, Japanese, and Italian cuisine. There is also a bar, multiple meeting rooms well-equipped for meetings and seminars, and an outdoor swimming pool. Concierge services, currency exchange, laundry service, and free parking are available as well.

Hotel Metropolitan Amenities