Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane

Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane Rates and Deals

Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane Havana Reviews

tvillingmarit tvilling…
Hotel Sevilla, Havana Cuba Apr 11, 2008
Nice hotel in the old part of Havana. We used it the first night and the two last on our tour. You can choose between two breakfast room, one at the main floor, here your breakfast is included. And one at the top floor, here you have to pay 5 CUC (Cuban convertible) about 5 US dollar. I advice you to use the one on the main floor, for 5 CUC you only pay for the view not for a better breakfast.

Having a shower can be a shocking surprise; 15 sec cold water and 10 sec warm water. But the bathrom is nice.

Love for sale, you can have what you want if you are ready to pay.

Reidar, one of the male bicycles in our group (nice looking, blond, tall Norwegian) told me that on of the security guard by the main entrance of the hotel approached him with an offer;

Guard: “You want a girl to visit your room?”

Reidar: “What kind of girl?”

Guard: “You can have the kind of girl you want, long, slim, short, big, young”

Reidar: “How much?”

Guard; “40 CUC”

Reidar; “How?”

Guard; “Tell me and I will arrange it for you”

Reidar; “Ok I will”

I just looked at Reidar asking; is this for real? Oh yes he said. I groove a bit angry, what kind of service is this offering a girl to Reidar. This is not fare. I had to think about how to handle this. And I have to tell you I`m a feminist.

The next day I approached the same guard looking him deeply in his brown eyes asking:

Me: “If I want to bring a Cuban to my room is that Ok for you?”

Guard (looking at me with his mouth open for a moment); “Yes its Ok”

Me; “How much?”

Guard; “With the colour of you`r hair it`s for free”

Me (having trouble keeping face neutral); “I`ll bee in touch”

This was on our last night in Havana.

I knew that almost all is for sale in Havana, but for free!!!
Hotel Sevilla
rayramon says:
Thank u! enjoyed your trip very much. cuba is on list.

love&peace!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008
wandering_roger says:
interesting observations - thanks for the great blog! i hope to make it to cuba one day. however, my parents were from there and had to come to the U.S. with nothing but the clothes on their backs. therefore, i can't - in good conscience - go until there is true freedom of speech, religion, press, and politics. "Ojala!"
Posted on: May 30, 2008
postaltiburon says:
I agree with JAYM571 - what an interesting contrast. I'm really not surprised with the guard's behavior. Whatever it takes to make an extra bit of money...It makes you wonder where the guard's loyalties lie with his government...
Posted on: Apr 15, 2008

Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane Overview

This 4-star hotel is close to everything Havana has to offer. The hotel offers tennis courts, a tour desk and an outdoor pool as well as conference room(s), a sauna and a 24 hour reception. Havana town centre is within an easy 10 minute drive from the hotel.

The Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane's leisure facilities include billiards and table tennis tables. There is a gift shop and a news stand within the hotel. Facilities include a business centre, meeting rooms and a dry cleaning service.

The Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane features an on-site restaurant, convenient for guests preferring to eat in. Guests can order room service any time of the day. Breakfast is served for guests at the hotel each morning.

Pedro Marrero Stadium is within driving distance of the Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane. Internet access is available for guests wishing to remain connected while on the road. El Capitolio is within a 10 minute walk and Jose Marti International Airport (HAV) is 30 minutes drive from the hotel.

Hotel Mercure Sevilla Havane Amenities