Hotel Mela

Hotel Mela Rates and Deals

Hotel Mela New York Reviews

jhoc jhoc
Red and clean! Sep 23, 2010
Hotel Mela is a new and modern hotel on 44th just between 6th and 7th avenues which makes it less than 2 minute walk to the heart of Times Square. I was there for business so didn’t spend a great deal of time in the hotel but was impressed by how clean and new feeling it was. The theme throughout the hotel is red so expect the lobby and hallways to have splashes of colour. The lobby is quite small with basically a check in desk, concierge desk and a sofa near the lifts. There is a gym on floor 2 but I didn’t stop by.

I lucked out on check-in and got a wheel chair accessible room. This means my room was larger with a huge bathroom. My photos reflect this. Due to a leaky air con I had to move up to a new room on the 14th floor which was still lovely but not nearly as big.

All rooms have a smallish LCD TV, a desk and nice office chair in addition to a wardrobe. The bed was of good quality but the pillows lacked a little (flat and hard I found). There is free Wi-Fi throughout which is a very nice touch. The staff were very pleasant including the man at the desk who changed my room for me while I was at work.

I took the lift with a guy filling candy and soda in one of the suites and offered me a choice of anything I wanted to take as it was all complimentary for the recipient in the suite. I modestly took M&Ms only.

There is a little French bistro next door where you can get food and charge it back to the room; they are not connected in the lobby but adjacent. I used this for breakfast once which wasn’t cheap but it was good.

Overall this is a nice hotel but it will be expensive. I got a good deal on late rooms which brought the price down to a comparable level with others in the area (booked 1 day prior to arrival).
fivepointpalm fivepoin…
mela hotel - NY - affordable clean and sweet hotel Mar 24, 2008
the first time i went to new york..i stayed at the hotel mela which is located VERY close to the time square...just a few steps away.

for a new yorker hotel it was very clean, and quite modern.

the room was small, but it was okay. we had one double bed. the bathroom was also quite small... but big enough to take a nice shower. the most important, it was clean!

there was a free gym on the 2nd floor. it had a few treadmills, some weights, ..

2 computers with internet, and an atm.

at the lobby you could get free red apples:)

the staff was VERY friendly!

the guy helped us out with his personal laptop, because we needed to unlock our ipods :)

i would always turn back to that hotel. you might find cheaper hotels though. but this one was very clean, and in a safe area..
my friend's room

Hotel Mela Overview

This boutique hotel is conveniently located in the midst of the city’s busy Midtown region. Right around the corner from the Theater District and Rockefeller Center it is also well-placed for visiting the Jacob Javits Convention Center or even Central Park.

The Mela Hotel is located at 120 West 44th Street, which is only a few blocks from Grand Central Station, and a quick and convenient commute to both the JFK and La Guardia airports as well.

With over two hundred guest rooms and suites the Mela Hotel offers an ample range of accommodations options, with superior and deluxe rooms as well as executive and specialty suites available as well. All rooms are outfitted with Egyptian cotton linens, high end electronics, luxury toiletries, mini bars and free access to high speed Internet connectivity.

Italian chic and New York funk meet in the lobby of the Mela Hotel. Considered a luxury hotel among the boutique style, it provides visitors with a gourmet restaurant, access to fitness and spa facilities and well-designed meeting rooms for corporate and private events.

Hotel Mela Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes