Hotel Meksiko Ljubljana

Check Ljubljana Hotel Deals

Hotel Meksiko Ljubljana Reviews

Onthewind Onthewind
Smart and affordable new hotel Dec 06, 2012
The hotel is around 10-15 minutes walk from the station, which is convenient if you arrive by train or if you arrive as I did by the coach from the airport. Just cross the road on from the grand station, turn left and follow the road along about 7 minutes. The road will then turn right and continue to walk along it and then you will see an Aldi supermarket on the other side. The hotel is basically behind this, nice and easy!

Initial impressions were dubious as I was walking passed ambulances which belonged to the hospital literally next to the hotel. I thought I might hear sirens during the night etc, but I did not need to worry, I heard none.

The receptionist was very helpful and spoke very good English, as did many locals I found. A quick check in, as I had booked online and paid in cash on arrival. The hotel uses key cards for the main door on each level and to access your room. They are not needed for the lift or entry to the hotel as it is a 24hr reception.

I was a solo traveller and the single room was small but not claustrophobic. The hotel was nice and warm and everything was fresh and clean as I understand it a new building. The room was very clean and tidy and the bed was extremely comfortable.

Amenities included; a flat screen TV placed a little too high on the wall, a desk with a relaxing chair and a phone. Air-con/heater worked very well, and it didn't take long to raise the temp to my desired level and was not noisy. I was most impressed with the en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower accompanied with a couple of bottles of shampoo and soap.

My room was situated near the lift, which I thought maybe a problem, but only heard people as they walked passed the room and not from the lift itself. At the time of my stay the building adjoining the hotel was still under construction, but even though my room looked at the empty building I was not affected by the work-site, although I was out all day.

The walk to the centre of the town is around 15 minutes and you can either snake your way through the various buildings or continue along the road in the opposite direction from the station (left). This way you will come across the river, which you can follow to the main square.
Bed view 1