Hotel Mansea

Check Kololi Hotel Deals

Hotel Mansea Kololi Reviews

JE-IDOOL JE-IDOOL
I hated the cold showers. Jan 18, 2009
I went to Gambia like 2 years ago. I don't know if anything changed, but this is my experience.

When i first entered the hotelroom, i was like: "Yah, my bed!" And the bed was okay. The staff is very friendly. (When you go there take an extra pair of shoes, they don't ask for money, they ask for your shoes when you leave.) Right, every morning there's breakfast. BUT! You should shower BEFORE you'll have you breakfast, because at 10 o'clock the turn off the generator and the boiler. So there will be no electricitie and you'll have to use a COLD shower. (So don't pay for the airco, when the generetor's off, there's no airco.) The pool, well.. While i was swimming, there where those birds (can't remember their names, the ones who eat dead animal.) flying in circles above the swimmingpool, and i was thinking. Omg, i aint dead yet. The thing was, behind the pool house they where killing the chicken for dinner. I didn't had dinner in the restaurant, but we went to Kololi to eat. Kololi is 10 minutes walking, just as far as the beach. I have to say, don't go to the beach at night, it's dangerous. (That's what the travelguide told me. So it feels like I have to put it in here.) In the lobby there's a small bar (like really small) and a tv. AND AIRCO! (Just had to tell you that.)

The rooms are clean, they're cleaned 7 day's a week, you also get clean towels everyday. The beds are cleaned twice a week. So your accomodation is clean.

I also wan't to tell you something I did everynight, even though I was caught once and they told me not to do it again. When your room is not in the hotel (I mean, when you don't have to go upstairs in the lobby.) You can go to the roof, when you'r sitting on the roof you can see everything on their property. I actually liked it sitting there and just watching the people pass by. Watching the little children swim.

It really was an experience, and i'm glad i went to this hotel. Because, even though i hate the cold showers, and there was no airco during daytime. The staff was really friendly, the room was clean, and it was the perfect location. I just HAVE to say that whenever you decide to go there, and you meet Bruno and Lamin. Tell them Hi! Lamin sure knows who I am. Still writing letters every month. And whenever i decide to go back to Gambia, i once again will pick this hotel. It'll catch you, and follow you back home.

(I'm sorry for the poor spelling. And I'm sorry i'v got no pics. Because when i got home my camera was stolen.)

Check Kololi Hotel Deals