Hotel Maestranza

Check Sevilla Hotel Deals

Hotel Maestranza Sevilla Reviews

cotterb cotterb
Last best option May 15, 2010
This is a hotel of mixed extremes. The location of the Hotel Maestranza is awsome. It is situated just off the Plaza Nueva and Avenida Constitution very close to the Alcazar and Cathedral. You can´t ask for much better then that.

When you arrive you are greated by a great lobby and very helpful and pleasant staff. They spoke English and provided a good map in a nice magazine which talked about other things to do in Seville. They explained how to use their free Wi-Fi system and got us squared away quickly.

The room, which is what I really care about when travelling, is where they were lacking. It was ensuite (bathroom in the hotel room) which was nice, but the bed was horrible. I think it must have been 100 years old...and it only came with one long pillow for two persons. We both woke tired, and uncomfortable because of it.

The bathroom had a bidet (which I don´t really understand and is just in the way for me.) The shower was a full bath (good) but the shower head wasn´t mounted (bad.) It was just a flexible hose wrapped around the tub faucet. You had to hold it up to wash, or let it dangle and throw water wildly. This is a fix they could have made while we were there if needed, but they didn´t seem inclined to care.

Finally the price. It was expensive, actually the most expensive we´ll be staying in during our trip at 87€ per night for a double ensuite. In Seville this is probably a comparable price, but it was frustrating for me.

This hotel has a lot of potential, if they just fixed the little things. On the up side, the Wi-fi is free but you have to provide your own computer, they don´t even have a lobby computer for use. Rooms have a small HD television as well as air conditioning. They do offer a 5% discount if you pay in cash.

I would not recommend this hotel but for us it was a last resort location. All the other hotels were booked so we took what we could. It is oddly recommended by Rick Steves, which is where we found out about them so readers should consider the possiblity that we just had a bad room (it was room 3 of the ground floor)
The front of the hotel