Hotel Maestranza

Hotel Maestranza Rates and Deals

Hotel Maestranza Malaga Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A very nice hotel situated close to the beach and city centre Mar 04, 2011
I had no prior knowledge of the Hotel MS-Maestranza before I entered the hotel or any other hotels in Malaga. My friend Marc had booked this hotel for our friend Manu and himself so I had chosen to stay at the same since we were going to have 3 days in Malaga together playing some golf.

I arrived around 8 pm and I had used my GPS in the rental car to get there from the airport. The ride was quite easy and it took me around 15 minutes from I drove out of the airport. It was also the first time that I was going to stay in the city centre or close to it of Malaga. I had been in the region many times but I had always found a hotel

I easily found a parking just next to the hotel; I had rented a SMART so squeezing that in was just the thing you needed in that corner of town because there were not many parking spaces there.

The hotel is situated on the corner and is quite large. I checked in at the reception and I was given a room on the 12th floor which also was the top floor and I felt really privileged because I could not remember when it happen the last time.

There were only two small elevators in the hotel and they moved extremely slowly; it felt like ages getting up to the top floor. Once there I was surprised with the smell of a swimming pool until I found out that the hotel spa was just around the corner and together with the top floor terrace.

I open the door and I was really pleasantly surprised. The room was much larger than anticipated and both the bed and the bathroom were really nice looking. I saw to my surprise that I also had a balcony so I quickly stepped out and saw that I had a nice view over both the castle and the city centre as well.

I quickly dropped off my stuff and hurried down to the bar on the first floor where my friends were waiting for me. The bar was nice but service was a bit slow because the waiter also had to take care of the restaurant. The restaurant was by the way also quite nice; we had breakfast there every morning; the price was 12 € per person but they even had cave which always is a nice way to start a day.
The hotel at night
The room
My bed
The TV corner

Hotel Maestranza Overview

Set directly overlooking the Plaza de Toros de la Malagueta, and just a few minutes' walk to the Playa de la Malagueta Beach, city park, Alcazaba Castle, and Picasso Museum, the Hotel Maestranza is easily one of the more convenient hotels in Malaga. It is also near the Malaga Cathedral, the La Manquita cathedral, the Palacio Episcopal, and a short drive to the Picasso’s birthplace and Castle of Gibralfaro as well. The Hotel Maestranza is located at Avd Canovas Del Castillo 1 which is 6 miles from the Malaga airport.

All of the guest bedrooms in the Hotel Maestranza will come furnished with high-speed Internet access, a minibar, a personal safe, climate controls, satellite TV, a full-sized bathroom with tub, and a full-sized work desk.

Guests of the Hotel Maestranza will greatly appreciate the huge menu of fine facilities and services, including shuttle services, a concierge desk, a modern fitness room, laundry and dry cleaning services, meeting and conference rooms, a business service center, a swimming pool, a lounge with bar service, a currency exchange, free parking on the premises, an in-house restaurant, tour desk, a spa with massage and beauty treatments, free daily breakfast service, and 24-hour front desk service.

Hotel Maestranza Amenities

• Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower