Hotel Madhuban

Hotel Madhuban Rates and Deals

Hotel Madhuban Jaipur Reviews

dolfijn dolfijn
Nice place which is let down by very service Sep 15, 2009
Hotel Madhuban is the home of Rao Digvijay Singh Patan and his family.

I would say that my overall experience was not totaly bad, but there were some major downturns which would prevent me of going there ever again, therefore I wouldn't recommend this place to others.

This is the first hotel which is reviewed by me as worst hotel ever.

*Room: was oké and comfortable. There are a lot of rooms at this place, all styled out from 1950's-1980's India. Room was clean and the location was safe. The bathroom was decent and the water was brown at first. We did not have warm water at any time during our stay. The airco and fan were very loud. Airco sometimes stopped working.

*Swimmingpool; very small: the pool is so small that within two strokes you reach the other end of the pool. Water is very dirty because of all the pigeons flies over the water and drink here.

Food:the restaurant needs some work and pest control (ants mainly on the ground but also on the table. Everything we ate was safe & no wonderful tasting. Restaurant was charmless. Breakfast was oké, nothing special.

Staff:

The stay got off to a bad start when the staff member who carried our bags to our room made his displeasure not getting some tip for carring our bags. We always give tips in the end of our stay in the tipbox. On several occasions we asked the concierge/manager/staff to bring us drinks or arrange something and he assured us that he would, only to find, after half an hour's wait, that nothing had happened. Bringing drinks could take them about 1 hour to respond. The waiters were very ungracious, extremely lazy and rude, hiding/taking a nap whilst the had to work, slow. I felt the place was completely undermined by the service and I think some of the descriptions in my review is still generous.

Only positive thing about this hotel was the surrounding. The hotel itself has a beautiful garden, where breakfast is served. A nice place to relax a bit or write in your travel diary. The hotel lies in a quiet neigboorhood.

Location:

The hotel lies 20 minutes walk distance from the first entrance gate of Jaipur old city centre. The hotel lies close to the bus and railway station.

They offer a pickup service from the bus and railway stations if you inform them in advance.

I can honestly say it was one of

the worst hotels we stayed in during our trip so far. Based on my experience here, I would suggest that other travellers stick with the budget places, you'll pay 2x the price here and only to be disappointed, so I wouldn't recommend anyone to go here.
Entrance hotel
Mainentrance
Terrace
Restaurant
wandafromtexas says:
thanks! usually a good rule of thumb esp.in a touristy area. They get so used to the tip idea and this is several generations down the road. guess there's something behind the beggar advice: don't give unless service provided
Posted on: Mar 19, 2010
londonstudent says:
What a pity - it looks beautiful!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2009