Hotel Lusa Kuta Beach Bali

Hotel Lusa Kuta Beach Bali Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Very cheap and closed to the beach Hotel Apr 04, 2009
Hmmm where do I start?

I know this hotel from the internet. I looked for a cheap hotel that very closed to Kuta beach. Honestly, I looked for the cheapest I could get cause I would go by myself, without family. But, I have some criterias, i.e. air-conditioned and hot shower.

Let me start from the beginning. One staff of the hotel picked me up at the airport. It was free. I had to wait for long enough. But, then I knew that he had to pick another guest from Australia. He was a French guy.

When I arrived at the hotel, it was between 10 to 11 pm I think. The story began. The front office staff asked us, the French guy and I, to fill the form. When he gave me the form, he said that I "also" had to fill it. I was a bit confused, "also? of course I have to fill the form". But, then I knew when he didn't give me the key. He thought I came with the French guy and would stay together in one bedroom!!! Hello.... didn't he notice that he was too young for me? hahaha, or I had to be flattered?!

The story continued. Then the hotel staff took me to my room. The room was big with a double bed, completed with a TV and a refrigerator. When he left, I realized that I reserved for a non TV and refrigerator room. So, I called the front office. Since I didn't want to pay more, I insisted to get the room that I reserved. By the way, there was no towel and soap provided before I called the staff.

Then, they moved me to another room, the one that I reserved. The room was large but old. I was satisfied enough with it, regarding to the amount I paid ;-)

In the morning, I went to the hotel restaurant and looked around the hotel. It was less beautiful than I saw in the internet.

My breakfast was very standard: tea, fried rice, and fruits. But, it was enough for me. The next day, I ordered fried noodle. And... there was a dog came to the dining area. No offense, I don't hate dog. I had one when I was young. But, this dog smelled!! It disturbed my appetite. I noticed that the hotel staff didn't mind with it's existence, neither did other guests. But, luckily, the dog leaved me before my breakfast came.

My story still continued. When I wanted to drop my key at the front office, the staff asked me to change the room. They asked me to move to the previous room, but I didn't have to pay more. The reason was cause my room would be used by another guest for 5 days and his friends' rooms were closed to mine now. Luckily, I had enough patient that morning, so I agreed that without any argument. And I could still smile very sweetly to them. So, I packed my stuff and moved it to my new room.

So, if you have enough patient to face those kinds of problem I had, I still recommend you to stay there. It is very cheap and 5-10 mins walk to the main road and Kuta Beach. The room and the bathroom are large even kinda old but the bed is comfortable enough, the AC is cold, and the warm water works ;D
My first room is at this building
The terrace o my first room
My first bedroom
My first bedroom
YantiSoeparno says:
True John, it happened to me too :-(
Posted on: Apr 21, 2009
londonstudent says:
A dog in the dining-area would be a major turn-off for me!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009