Hotel Litli Geysir

Hotel Litli Geysir - chess

Hotel Litli Geysir Haukadalur Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
Inviting Place to Stay Near Natural Sights Nov 24, 2016
The location of this hotel for where we wanted to be was perfect! Very short drive to Gullfoss and walkable distance to Geysir (if the weather had been cooperating).

The room was spacious and had plenty of light. Charging our electronics was not a problem.

The bathroom was huge! I loved the rain shower although it was a good thing I was planning on washing my hair anyway that night. (Also I had trouble figuring out the knobs for how to get water so my friend had to show me how it worked). We had plenty of room to hang things (and over concrete which was good for the dripping items after the rain) although not really much drawer space. There was some shelving to put water bottles and cell phones down.

The staff at the hotel spoke English well and were very friendly. They also were efficient at handling concerns (as I observed with a customer ahead of me) and quick to offer help.

The lobby area was very comfortable to just hang out in. They had a telescope which I assume was available to view the Northern Lights on nights when it was not clouded over. I also noticed a table with some toy items for children, helpful for families.

The dining room was part of the open plan of the lobby which made it easy to transition from before-dinner coffee and hot chocolate to an actual meal. The menu may not have had a lot of choices but there were still options and the meal was very good.

In the morning this same area was set up for a breakfast buffet once you gave your room number. The breakfast was big and would make anyone used to large American breakfasts happy (they even had pancakes!). I was pleased by the variety of choices along with plenty of warm foods.

The hotel was all one level so the hardest part was just getting our luggage from the gravel driveway into the main doors which were halfway down the building.
play area