Hotel Legend International

Hotel Legend International Rates and Deals

Hotel Legend International New Delhi Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
An ok-ish budget/mid-range option Aug 14, 2010
When searching the Internet for a place to stay in New Delhi my choice eventually came to the Legend International. There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of near-similar hotels operating in the Paharganj area, most of them called Hotel something blah-de-blah International (or Palace, or International Palace) so why the Legend is one of the very few that actually offers Online booking is beyond me.

Anyway, they do well, because the place was almost full, which is quite a rarity for hotels in this area.

It is a good budget option. Rs 1100 for a room with A/C and private bathroom is not a bad deal for Central Delhi. The room was clean enough and came with all the necessary amenities (towel, soap, toilet paper) and had A/C, TV, fan and for some inexplicable reason about 700 light switches (though no bed light!)

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but it does have a kitchen that will whip up all the regular Indian favourites and serve as room service for a reasonable price.

The Internet rate included breakfast, though at check-in I was told there was no breakfast included. I had to show them my reservation to prove breakfast was indeed included in the rate and the manager grudgingly made a note in the reception log book. Upon check out I was once again told I had to pay for breakfast. I explained how the manager had made a note in the log at check-in, but this note had miraculously disappeared. Once again I had to show them the internet confirmation, which I had luckily stored on my laptop since I had handed over the confirmation at check-in (travellers top tip here: always hang on to a copy of your confirmation!) and only then did the price of breakfast get deducted from my invoice.

Not that breakfast is worth having at the hotel though, it was pretty dreadful. As the hotel has no restaurant you can only have it served as room service. I'm quite sure you're better off skipping breakfast at the hotel and finding a local restaurant instead.

The hotel also has free Internet available in the lobby, as well as free wi-fi that theoretically works in all the rooms. I say theoretically, because during my stay the Internet was down. Both the wi-fi and the two terminals they have in the lobby. It would be fixed before noon the next day. The next day it would be fixed before noon the next day and again the next day it would be fixed, ah well, you get the idea.

Staff are a bit hit and miss. Some are very nice, others are real pricks. The guy running the travel agency on the premises being the biggest of them all (and the manager a close second).

So in conclusion, it's an ok budget option. I am not able to compare it with any other hotels in the area, but I'm sure it's not the best option. But then again, the nuisances I came across at this place are fairly common throughout India (and especially Delhi), so my advice is to just bear them in mind, laugh at them and enjoy your stay. Oh, did I mention yet this is one of the few hotels in the area/this price bracket which accepts Internet reservations?
My room
The hallway
I kid you not, there were three of…
Hotel Legend and a dozen others in…

Hotel Legend International Overview

This budget hotel is a five minute drive from the centre of the city.

Under 10 minutes drive away are some great places of interest such as the Cathedral Church of the Redemption and Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, and conveniently there is free parking available at the Hotel Legend International should you require it. The staff will be able to assist in organising and booking tours and activities during your stay in New Delhi as well as give restaurant recommendations. Helpful front desk staff are available to provide assistance to travellers, happily handling any requests or questions during the course of your visit. Internet access is available for travellers wishing to remain connected during their stay.

Hotel Legend International Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower