Hotel Las Piletas

Check Antigua Hotel Deals

Hotel Las Piletas Antigua Reviews

Cho Cho
Good location, very basic rooms Feb 17, 2017
Actually, we didn't book this hotel for our one night stay in Antigua. We had reservations at another hotel called Casa Elena but when we went there we found out that it was located quite far from the town center. In fact, I would say a good 20-25 minute walk away. So, we decided to stay at another place closer to downtown and Luis our Guatemala City hotel manager helped us to find the Las Piletas.

The room rate was affordable, less than US$40 a night. However, the room is very basic and small although it suited our purpose as we had planned to stay for only one night. There is a TV but no luggage rack or wardrobe and hardly any room to put our bags. The hot water in the bathroom did work and for me that mattered a lot! Bath towels, soap and shampoo were also provided. The Wi-Fi in the room also worked well. Our room was right next to the pretty little courtyard which has a spiral staircase leading to the second floor rooms.

The location was ideal though, only about a 10 minute leisurely stroll to the town square. There is a small grocery store nearby. The desk clerk on duty when we checked in was a young man who was helpful but didn't speak any English, so if you don't know any Spanish it can be frustrating. The girl who came on the next day spoke reasonably good English though. She was kind enough to let us keep our bags after we checked out as our transportation (back to Guatemala City) pick up was only in the late afternoon. So, we managed to wander around the town a bit more before saying adios to Antigua.

Although there is a fairly large dining room, breakfast is not served, only coffee in the mornings. There's a big refrigerator and microwave and I suppose the hotel guests can make use of them with their own food brought from outside.

At the reception counter there is a cooler and you can buy a bottle of local beer there for under a dollar. While paying for it I met the hotel owner and unlike the desk clerk he spoke excellent English.

In summary, I would recommend this hotel only for a short stay of one or two nights.
Hotel taken from street
Double room with twin beds
My small bed
Clean bathroom with amenities
Cho says:
@Odiseya: Yes, but as mentioned in my review, only for a short stay.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2017
odiseya says:
It is nice recommendation!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017