Hotel Landhus Zurich

Hotel Landhus Zurich Rates and Deals

Hotel Landhus Zurich Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Cranky service in an outdated hotel May 19, 2010
In search of a fair priced hotel near Zurich, I ended up in Hotel Landhus in Seebach, a suburb of Switzerland's largest city. Booking the hotel was easy enough, but actually finding the hotel wasn't easy at all. We drove by it several times without noticing it behind a shield of green trees.

During our entire stay and despite her Italian ancestry, the proprietress comes across as cranky. No service with a smile here. Even though she had seen me come up to the desk, I had to wait for quite some time at the check-in desk before she even acknowledged my presence.

The hotel, built in the 1960's, has many original features. Unfortunately, management does not use that to their (and thus my) advantage. Both the reception area and the tiny rooms are outdated rather than nice retro. The furniture in the room is standard and bland, the bed too small for my 6.5ft. Yet, all the bare necessities are there. LAN Internet access was available in my room. Apparently the hotel has an outdoor pool, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I did find the bowling alley, but all the lanes were booked, so I can't tell you if they're any good.

The restaurant is the only up-to-date part of the hotel, but I didn't sample their cuisine. Breakfast was fine, served in a conservatory. With the sun out, it felt more like a hot-house and I had to wear my sunglasses the whole time. A few yards of linen would have done wonders for the place.

On a more positive note: Parking is free and the hotel is conveniently located at the end of tram-line 14 that took us to Zurich centre in 20 minutes. Little noise came from the tram stop. The overhead passing planes on their way to nearby Zurich Airport, didn't bother us too much either.

I wouldn't recommend this place for tourists, but if you're on business and need a reasonably priced room within reach of both the airport and the city centre, this is your place.
This is the entire room :(
My camera makes it look bigger tha…
What you need is there... The show…
Now, who shall we call first?
Sweetski says:

@ Elke; I know.. :)

Who knows, maybe you will have future business in Zurich :)
Posted on: May 22, 2010
Sunflower300 says:
Geez I hate it when people complain about having to wear sunglasses to breakfast. I have not needed to wear sunglasses since September last year. :D Stop ya whingin'.

Now, I know you know I am only joking. :) Great review and I'll make sure I avoid the place as I don't think I'll ever be in the area on business.
Posted on: May 21, 2010
Vipin says:
great review and photo commentary as always!
Posted on: May 19, 2010

Hotel Landhus Zurich Overview

The Hotel Landhus is located in Zurich making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Hotel Landhus boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. In-room facilities include non smoking rooms, in room safe, television, shower, separate shower and tub, mini bar. This Zurich accommodation features on-site facilities such as shops, elevator, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, business center, pets allowed. In addition, the hotel's guests can enjoy the leisure and sports facilities provided on the premises: outdoor pool. Along with its convenient location in Zurich, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. For your reservation at the Hotel Landhus, simply submit your dates and complete our secure online booking form.

Hotel Landhus Amenities

• Shops
  • Garden
  • Bowling Alley
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower