Hotel La Serre

Hotel La Serre Rates and Deals

Hotel La Serre Paris Reviews

incognita456 incognit…
Parisian hotel May 01, 2008
We chose this hotel was for its great central location. The rest were forgiveable.

Hotel La Serre has friendly, helpful staff and that can be easily told by the way they handled my reservation on the phone. There was even a validation when I met them in person.

We were right about the hotel's strategic location being just minutes away from the Eiffel Tower and the metro nearby (Ecole Militar). What I love about the location was Rue Cler itself: cobbled stones and all sorts of specialty shops: from fine wines and cheese, fruits, books, chocolates and souvenir shops. And of course, the fact that you can find an open cafes at 2 or 3 am.

So there we were, after the warm reception at the hotel lobby. We got squeezed inside what i call the 'solovator' (elevator for one).

The halls were dark and narrow, the floor was making rat squeaky sound as we walk gently to find our room. While inside, finally, my disappointment was not that huge. It was not really bad. There was just an old bed, but with crisp fresh linens at least (which is important). So I guess, it should be okay.

The room was warm, and though everything else feels old, luckily the room we have has new windowsills and newly-renovated toilet & bath. It sparkled in contrast with the room ambience in general.

It's easy to know that the building is really old due to poor insulation of the room. You can practically hear people next door laughing (thank goodness, they're happy) and talking. And thank heavens we were really tired to bother about anything.

We paid Euro100 (no breakfast) a night and my Parisian friend told me it was expensive for this hotel, which I agree. Normally their rate is 70-75. It was a peak-season and there was scarcity for hotel rooms at that time, so we had no choice.

Nonetheless, if improvements planned anytime soon, im sure this hotel can be made nicer.

Hotel La Serre Overview

Located 5 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower; the 2 star hotel is located in the 7th arrondissement on the Rue Cler. Rue Cler is home to one of the most loved open air markets in Paris. Owners Philippe and Marie Alice Beraud welcome guests to the hotel and ensure that it is the ideal place to call home. This charming and affordable hotel with cosy rooms and friendly English speaking staff is an easy stroll to the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees. All room have free WiFi internet access. Museums such as the Louvre; Rodin; Orsay; Invalides and Trocadero are on your doorstep. Close by is Faubourg St Honor with all the couture boutiques. Subways and buses take you directly to local attractions such as the Chateau de Versailles Conventions Park; which is only 30 minutes away and Euro Disney which is 45 minutes away. Additional Information; Children under the age of 2 stay free in the room with parents and in existing bedding. The hotel reserves the right to without prior notification cancel any reservation with an invalid or incomplete credit card number. Business hours of reception:
Every day: from 00:00 to 00:00

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower