Hotel La Ermita

Vinales, Cuba

Check Vinales Hotel Deals

Hotel La Ermita Vinales Reviews

Butterfly971 Butterfl…
"La Ermita" a nice hotel in the middle of nowhere and front of " The Mogotes" Jan 19, 2011
After, a panoramic tour of "Pinar del Rio", we're arrived a bit late to the hotel "La Ermita". So, we were very impatient to go to our room. But we've been really surprised, when we realized that to go to the room, we have to climb lot of stairs. The problem isn't here, is just because, we all have our big and heavy luggage. So, for me this point was really negative. Because I'm a girl, so, I never travel "light", if you see what I mean!!!

So, you can also ask to the staff, to give you a hand, but like I've said before, in Cuba, you must paid for everything.

Speaking of staff, I did not find very nice, as I could find in other hotels, i found that they were acting like they were bored..

So, after, this little negative point, we arrived at the room, and I was agreeably surprised , because I found it very spacious and correct with 2 big double bed.

A big double window and when I have opened them, I had got a view on the swimming-pool, which was really cool, I didn't tried it, because it was too late and the water was too cold !!! The bathroom, looks like to all the bathroom that you can find in Cuba,nothing special, but it was Ok.

About the food, the restaurant was close to my room, so, I really appreciate this point. For the dinner we have a buffet, so you help yourself, it was good, and I found it various,(rice, vegetables, beans, raw vegetables, fish, meat),and it was the same for the desert (cakes, fruit, yoghourt).

When, I came back, in my room, I had a really good sleep, and I wish, I could stay longer in this hotel, because the bed was fantastic.

So, when I woke up in the morning, the weather wasn't really nice, but I could see the "Mogotes", because this hotel has got a beautiful and amazing view, this hotel is well-known for this.

"And something funny happen, when I opened the windows in my room, I saw a man running very fast, after 2 horses which were peacefully eating the grass near the swimming pool, I don't know where they're coming from. But they didn't want to go, so the man was doing his best and the horses finally decided to leave".

Then, after a good breakfast (buffet) at the hotel, we left the hotel.

At reception, there is a shop, where you can buy cigars, stamps, post-cards, stuffs like that. But I do not recommend, except, if you're sure that you won't find others shops, because, it's a bit expensive.

My general impression: If I had to come back to Cuba, I 'll be back in this hotel, because I really liked it.

PS: I can not say anything about the prices of this hotel,Because, I've paid a global price with flight and all the others hotels, were I'm stayed.
The room of the hotel " La Ermita"…
The bathroom
Glynnes says:
A nice review. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2011
Jamal1280 says:
Thanks for sharing this review :)
Posted on: Jul 08, 2011
tvillingmarit tvilling…
Great hotel in the beautiful Vinales Valley - Pinar Del Rio CUBA Apr 01, 2008
Hotel La Ermita, Vinales – Pinar del Rio CUBA

We arrived Vinales Valley after 45 km on bike from Palma Rubia.

We had booked hotel in a beautiful building, in complete harmony with the Viñales Valley landscape, of which it gives a peculiarly panoramic view.

In this hotel we were going to spend two nights. The hotel is equipped with all the comfort required for relaxation after a day out exploring the nature. There is a popular kidney-shaped pool at the centre of this compound and a poolside barbeque restaurant this tourist facility is a paradise for nature lovers.

The garden was beautiful with lots of flowers and threes. I saw some Trochilidae (latin) in Norwegian Kolibri (Calibri?), I do not know the English name on the bird, drinking nectar from flowers. This is the smallest bird in the world, I tried to photo the bird, but it was to fast for me.

The hotel is well equipped with air condition, phone, satellite TV and every room has a private balcony or terrace. Nice swimming pool and snack bar.

The first night I woke up with the sound of dripping water. I went up and went out on the balcony, but it was not raining. I went back to my bed and splashed into a big water spot. What the h…… I looked up to the sealing but I could not see a water leakage. I finally found out where the water come from; the air condition system. I did not want to turn of the AC, because the temperature was 30 Celsius, but I had to, to save our suitcases standing on the floor.

The staff was very helpful, the breakfast superb. We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant with a fabulous view.

If you are visiting Vinales Valley I really recommend you to stay at this hotel.
Judith on our balcony