Hotel La Calandria

Hotel La Calandria Rates and Deals

Hotel La Calandria Guadalajara Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Good option if you travel on a budget Oct 16, 2009
I will put this simple. This is the cheapest decent hotel in town. We paid $80 dlls for 5 nights! So, taking that into consideration, I will judge the hotel according to what we paid. I still don't know if this is a hotel or a hostel. We booked it using hostelworld, but there are no dorms, and the actual name is "Hotel La Calandria".

First I will mention the good things: the facilities are very clean, and the maid cleans your room everyday. It is very close to downtown, you can get very quickly to downtown and other destinations. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room is confortable and there was not many people in the neighboring rooms so it wasn't noisy at all. The bathroom is very small, but you always get hot water and the shower is comfortable. The room is also very small and you don't have a closet, but I didn't care much. It is next to a great and cheap mexican food restaurant and in front of a convenience store, so getting food is easy.

Now the drawbacks: the zone is one of the worst of Guadalajara. It looked dirty and maybe even a little dangerous, since many "night life" motels are in the area. Parking was also a problem. At first we didn't know where to park until we decided to park at a convenience store in front of the hotel, and we haven't had any problem yet. The towels they give you are very small, as the bed and the room and everything else. Other thing I have to mention is that the last night I moved to a different room and it was very noisy since it was by the street! If you stay there make sure your room is not by the street or you will have noisy buses waking you up at 5 AM!!

Overall this is good if you are looking for a quiet "hostel"-like place to stay and you are travelling on a budget.
A lounge at the second floor
The front desk
montecarlostar says:
That's good, then you will be fine! Let me know how it went.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2012
nevart says:
OK thanks for extending that a bit. Fortunately I am not really the type to be going out and looking for ways to get into trouble. I'd be quite happy to stay in my room and write reviews for TravBuddy. :)
Posted on: Feb 13, 2012
montecarlostar says:
Well this is an area where you can find "that kind of motels" if you know what I am talking about... I wouldn't walk in the area at night, seems like a favorite place for common thieves... but as I said, other than that the place itself is quite good for the price.
Posted on: Feb 12, 2012