Hotel Kitzinger Hof

Hotel Kitzinger Hof Rates and Deals

Hotel Kitzinger Hof Kitzingen Reviews

JP_S JP_S
It looked more promising than it actually was Jun 27, 2008
The hotel can easily be found when you drive from the A3. Parking is possible in the street behind the hotel, but there isn't a special carpark for hotel guests.

The hotel has a few entrances but all of them are locked and can only be unlocked when you have a room key or from the inside. It took me around fifteen minutes to actually get into the hotel. This using a door farthest away from the check-in desk.

The check in went smoothly and the staff was pretty nice. After check-in I was brought to our room, which was a typical hotelroom. It smelled strange but after such a long drive I didn't care much. The bed slept quite good, there was a very small television set in the room. I left all the windows open to air it, but since our room was situated streetside on the Hindenburgring Süd it was very noisy. When my girlfriend arrived she also noticed the smell, which we hoped would pass during our stay, unfortunatly even after the room was cleaned the next day the room still smelled stuffy.

The bathroom was quite large but even though its size there was a shower which was too small but it served its purpose. The sink on the other hand could only supply cold running water, warm just didn't have much pressure, or actually any at all. Gentlemen, bring an electric shaver!!

The other bad thing was that the non-smoking rooms were on the front of the hotel on the Hindenburgring Süd. This street is a throughway thru Kitzingen and there was a lot of noise coming from the street which forced you to keep the windows closed.

Breakfast was okay, everything one might need could be found on the buffet, except that the bread was a bit stale.

The hotel is situated very well for making tours in the surrounding area, as well as Würzburg which is only 20 minutes by car.

Check-out was a whole different story. Payment by credit card is possible, only my card stopped working. The day after returning home I checked with my bank and they told me the hotel cancelled each time we wanted to pay. The amounts had come thru and were validated by the bank, but the requesting party then cancelled as soon as everything was okay. We eventually paid cash. So it seems that they offer the service but don't want people to use it.

When I arrived I thought: "I am going to look for another hotel." The hotel is okay if you only have to stay one night, but check to see if you can find another hotel in Kitzingen or the surrounding area.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hotel Kitzinger Hof Overview

The town of Kitzingen with its historic Old Town is located in the heart of the beautiful Franconian winegrowing area and can be reached easily via the A7 motorway (Kitzingen exit) or the A3 motorway (Rottendorf or Schwarzach exits). The TIPTOP Hotel Kitzinger Hof (directly on the B8 federal road) is just 5 minutes from the town centre. All 11 double rooms, which can also be booked as single or triple rooms, are equipped with shower, toilet, radio, Wi-Fi, ISDN telephone, cable TV and hairdryer. Some of them are soundproof. In our restaurant, Gegners Weinkeller, beneath the hotel in the old vaulted cellar, we offer Franconian cuisine for groups and house guests. Our wine list includes a large selection of Franconian wines. We can also arrange wine tastings upon prior arrangement. The conference room in the vaulted cellar is provided with modern conference facilities such as overhead projector, screen, flipchart, TV, video and ISDN. Bicycle rental, well-signposted cycling paths, indoor and outdoor swimming pools are just 5 minutes from the hotel. Other leisure opportunities comprise cruises along the Main, hiking tours and many sports activities such as tennis, bowling, playing at skittles and golf. Do not miss to make trips to Wurzburg, Rothenburg o Bamberg and to visit the Museum of Carnival and the Museum of Confectionery. Pets are admitted at the hotel. Business hours of reception:
Every day: from 07:00 to 23:00

• TV
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Hiking
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower