Hotel Karni Niwas

C-5 Motilal Atal Road | Behind Neelam Hotel, Jaipur, India - +91 141 2365433
Hotel Karni Niwas - Shelves build into the wall.
Hotel Karni Niwas - I particularly loved sitting on the balcony ledge. Granted, there's not much to look at outside because it's off the mains treet.
Hotel Karni Niwas - Double bed
Hotel Karni Niwas - Bathrooms in India always seem to scrunch the toilet in the smallest part so your knees always bump into the wall.
Hotel Karni Niwas - My sightseeing spot.

Check Jaipur Hotel Deals

Hotel Karni Niwas Jaipur Reviews

Chunna Chunna
Beauty Comes At A Price Nov 14, 2011
This place had clean rooms and beautiful seating in the halls, but was rather expensive for a traveler trying to conserve money. They do not have single rooms, only doubles which start at 550 rs (without a/c). Rooms only go up from there into the 2000's. They also did not give me a towel and the internet that they advertise, is NOT free, nor is there a sign posted unlike other hotel. They just bill you when you are leaving. Too late then. There is a hotel kitchen but no rooftop to eat at. There are small cute alcoves to cuddle up in but a bit cramped for eating. I did not personally try the food. The owner was... ok. He seemed to be either manic, or completely lazy. I was trying to check out but he was so 'busy' trying to convince new tourist to stay there that he didn't help me for 30 minutes while I had to stand there holding my bags AND I was running late for my train. I recommend this hotel for people that are looking for western comforts and where money is not an issue. I do not recommend this hotel for backpackers who want to experience real India and at a lower cost.
Bathrooms in India always seem to …
Shelves build into the wall.
I particularly loved sitting on th…
Double bed
Chunna says:
Yes, it is cheap compared to western money, but for india, this is expensive. Let's say I want to spend four days in Jaipur, I would end up paying 2200 rs, but if I stay at a different hotel (still clean and nice of course) for only 300 rs a day, I only pay 1200 rs. That's $20 US dollars I save. I could buy a brand new party sari with that money. Or buy 2.5 train tickets. Or 15 rickshaw rides. Or 10 used saris from the market. Or 25 bottles of Maaza. And that's only the savings of four days. Now if you apply that to two months or even six months in India, think how much money you could save/use for something else.
Posted on: Nov 19, 2011