Hotel Ivalo

Hotel Ivalo Rates and Deals

Hotel Ivalo Reviews

seahlk seahlk
Home in the Northern Lapland Dec 12, 2013
I stayed at Hotel Ivalo for 2 nights. It is easily accessible as the bus will stop you just outside the hotel. The signs and building is difficult to miss. The reception is very friendly and efficient. Like all check-in in Finland, you do not need to present your passport, but is required to complete a form.

I was lucky to be allocated a room with a river view. There is a lift for heavy baggage if not, you can just just the stairs. The hotel parters with Club Nord, so if you are looking for activities, they can be arranged very easily at the reception. There is also a souvenir shop and restaurant.

I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome message on the TV set when I entered my room. Big luggage area, possibly for skis and sports equipment. They have very kindly put the 2 single begs together as I have booked the room for single occupancy, and I loved the mint chocolate as well.

There are extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobe, but I do not need them as the temperature of the room is well regulated. Towels are provided and it is recommended that you reuse the towels for environmental efforts. The shower is really nice and the water heats up quite fast. They do not provide toothbrush, comb and the usual amenities but it is alright for me, since I travel eco and always bring my own. They do have hair and body shower gel and they are really gentle when I used them.

The reception is the best that I can hope for. I had asked if there are aurora tours, and while the reception checks out the tour for me, she urged me to take a rest first. Then she called me to let me know the necessary details, and did not push for me to take up the tour. I was able to rest and not go back to the reception for the information. I liked their pro activeness.

Being located just next to River Inari, you can find many activities to do, of course, with Club Nord, activity organisation becomes much simpler. Even though I was a single person, the aura guide still guided me to his profession, and I felt very welcomed.

The hotel is 24 hours, so if you, like me, are on an aurora hunting trip, it is a good arrangement. Just remember to take your keys for the night doors.

The restaurant serves the best salmon soup, and the service is exceptional. There is complimentary bread and they will go all the way out to make sure you enjoyed yourself. For example, I was asked to sit near the window for a better view of the river, even though it meant that the waitress had to walk a longer distance from the kitchen. Everyone is treated with importance and that gives a sense of hospitality during me stay there.

Overall, Hotel Ivalo is a great place to stay, with good facilities and warm staff. The only thing is that it is a distance from the main town centre, and you would need to walk a few distance to get to the bus station, supermarket and the tourist centre. But overall, Hotel Ivalo will only enhance your experience in Ivalo. Great hotel.
Salmon soup from the hotel
View from my room
The hotel is just next to River In…
Hotel building

Hotel Ivalo Overview

Ivalo hotel offers a comfortable stay in a prime location for those guests continuing on to the northcape. It has to be said though that overall it is a little jaded and in need of updating. All guest rooms are of a medium size and kept in good condition. 1/3 are renovated in funky modern colourschemes, the rest are more old-fashioned style and colourscheme. The bathrooms are also in good condition. Ivalo hotel is located in the centre of Ivalo on highway 4, close to the Ivalo airport. The restaurant is very large but maintains a cosy atmosphere, cuisine is a mixture of local Lapp delicacies and more international fare. The hotel is a modern low set complex looking out on to the river behind the hotel. The lobby area is open plan and large. Decor is mainly light pinewood, Lapp marble floors, comfortable seating area, souvenir shop and child playroom.

Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower