Hotel Istana

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals

Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Convenient and affordable hotel May 14, 2011
I stayed here with a friend in May, we didn't plan for the short trip as we thought we will stay longer in Bali, but we cut the trip short and head to Kuala Lumpur instead. We didn't know where to stay so, we searched the internet for hotels near the shopping centre as well as the Petronas tower. We saw this hotel advertised in a pop up and so we click on it. The rate was cheaper than our expectations and they have advertised that its a 5 star property. But we didn't really care for that, we just wanted to be near the shopping and the centre so we can get anywhere. So, we booked this hotel without expectations whatsoever.

When we arrived, we went to the reception right away. The receptionist was very accommodating, she smiled and entertain our questions. She couldn't find our booking in their system but we had a booking confirmation on sms that we gave her. At that time she was not sure what to do. However, she told us that she will check with their reservations manager, which at that time I assumed already left for the day since it was about 9pm. I told her that I can print the confirmation from my email but I dont have a computer. So, she escorted us to the business centre and have us connect to the internet for free. We printed it and she confirmed our room. She also escorted us straight to our room which has a view of the Petronas Tower. It was a really nice view. My friend was very happy as it was his first time in Kuala Lumpur and it was great to see the famous Petronas Tower just right in front of us. She showed us the room and told us what are the inclusions of our rate and told us !

where to have breakfast. It was fast, precise and polite. It was all we needed.

The room was big, the carpet looks well maintained, however the building looks old and tired. I can imagine it must have been an amazing building 10 years ago. But now, it felt cold, huge space lobby but warm with people. There was something missing and I can't seem to figure out. Everyone we met during our stay tried to acknowledge us everywhere. They were very helpful and even had amenities sent to our room every night or whenever we are out. We stayed 3 nights, and it was a very good stay, the buffet breakfast was great. When we checked out, the Chief Concierge even talked to us a bit and help out with our luggage. We were very satisfied with the service in general. Something that was unexpected. I would stay with them again if I visit Kuala Lumpur in the future.
purplemuse purplemu…
Ideal location, Ideal price Apr 17, 2011
Got our booking via and was very pleased. Reception staff doesn't take too long to assist you even if there are lots of people also checking in.

Prior to our arrival, we have indicated our request for a double room and yet we were given 2 twin beds situated next to each other as they "didn't have" any available double rooms. Thought this was a bit weird as we have confirmed our bookings at least a month before our trip.

Sonket Lounge has very poor service. My bf and I were waiting for another group of friends to meet us in the lobby and so we decided to have a couple of drinks while waiting for them. My bf ordered beer and I got a mojito which took 35 minutes.

Slow service was also reflected when it took ages for concierge to coordinate to take our bags to our room after checking in.

Despite the negatives, I would still recommend Hotel Istana to friends and whoever is visiting KL. The rates (when booked online) are reasonable, considering that it is a 5-star hotel. The furniture and bathroom in the rooms are a bit dated, but then again, for the rate that they offer, it is a really good deal.

The hotel is situated in a prime location especially for tourists. The areas below are just within walking distance..

- Jalan Alor; massive food complex

- Before Jalan Alor there's a street full of bars and clubs

- Bukit Bintang Walk
gohfrank gohfrank
good location Jun 16, 2011
This hotel is very easy to get to. The monorail is just outside the hotel and major shopping centres in Bukit Bintang are within 5 mins walk. Because of location, if you have had a late night out, you can pretty much walk back instead of braving the taxis that refuses to go by meter. Not that expensive but just a hassle i prefer to avoid.

Rooms are clean and big but a little old.

Overall, convenient place to stay and a good choice if you managed to get last minute deals at a good price.
shantanulavania shantanu…
Hotel Istana Affordable Luxury Hotel May 21, 2011
The hotel has an excellent loaction,just minutes from the Petronas Towers. The staff is quite friendly and helpful.It is very near to Bukit Bintang. I stayed in the club suite which also includes access to the club lounge. One thing lacking was Wifi in the rooms. The Hotel had just wired internet access. All in all a great place to stay.
amirfarids amirfari…
Great Breakfast Buffet Apr 27, 2011
Give it a try ... what i like most about this hotel is about the Breakfast Buffet. There are various type of dishes and mainly Local Malaysia.. dishes. Basically u can cover food from 3 main races in Malaysia just with 1 breakfast... Rest.. I would like to say.. the location is also not so bad... and.. hospitality.. also.. not so bad....

Hotel Istana Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes