Hotel Isla Verde

Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala
Hotel Isla Verde - Lago Atitlan
Hotel Isla Verde - View of the cabins on the hillside.
Hotel Isla Verde - View from the open-air bathroom (unfortunately on a hazy day)
Hotel Isla Verde - View of Santa Cruz and Lake Atitlan from the outdoor dining area (again, a bit hazy!)

Hotel Isla Verde Rates and Deals

Hotel Isla Verde Santa Cruz La Laguna Reviews

Bigsky71 Bigsky71
Friendly service and great location on Lake Atitlan Jul 15, 2009
I stayed at Isla Verde in March of 2009. Overall, I found it to be a very nice place to stay. The accomodations are small cabins which are spread out along a steep hillside, connected by a winding set of stairs. (If you are elderly or otherwise disabled, this may not be the hotel for you, as you will surely have a challenging walk to your room!)

The rooms are clean and comfortable, and basically furnished. The open-air bathroom is the outstanding feature; you can enjoy a shower as you look out over Lake Atitlan, or watch hummingbirds buzzing around the flowers just outside the bathroom. It was definitely the highlight of the room.

The food was good, though I expected great based on the website. I thought breakfast was the best meal.

The location was perfect; it was within walking distance of a couple interesting villages, and also centrally located for water taxi trips to all of the Atitlan villages. The lodge even has its own dock where you can await your taxi.

While at Isla Verde, I became ill and a few members of the staff could not have been more accommodating. The manager, Mario, called in a doctor from a nearby village to ensure that I was OK. He also checked on me through the rest of my stay to make sure I felt better and was enjoying my stay. His concern was genuine and much appreciated.

I would definitely recommend a stay at Isla Verde for anyone traveling to Atitlan.
View of the cabins on the hillside.
View from the open-air bathroom (u…
View of Santa Cruz and Lake Atitla…
j-boltski j-boltski
Nov 21, 2006
At the beginning of September I had the good fortune to spend three days and nights at the Hotel Isla Verde in Lago Atitlan. It is an eco-lodge run by some very friendly folks and their sweet dog and cat! The food was yummy and it was so peaceful. I spent many a lovely hour playing chess on their open-air dining area while watching the first rains come down.
Lago Atitlan