Hotel Irini

Hotel Irini Rates and Deals

Hotel Irini Heraklion Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Heraklion Crete Nov 02, 2008
This was not where I intended to stay, but my guide book hotel had closed for the season. We walked and looked-no success. Feeling a minor disaster coming our way, we stopped for coffee(lots of shops and restaurants). I left Sylvia at coffee and went to the nicest motel in the area. I spoke with the duty manager and explained that I loved his hotel, but couldn't afford the price. I explained my price range and asked him where he would take his wife if he was me. His sole recommendation was the Irini.

The Irini is a clean, comfortable hotel in an excellent location near the small craft harbor, venetian fort,ferry port and bus station. In about 3-10 minutes walk, shopping and dining are plentiful.

For curiosity,(we were staying 3 days) I checked two other nearby hotels. Both were far more expensive. We paid 55 Euro with breakfast for two.

On arrival I asked for and recieved one of the few rooms with a partial view of the harbor(I also asked for a king bed as I am 1.9 meters-no luck-foreign tours used this hotel also)

The beakfast each morning was very good with ample coffee refills. This is good for Sylvia and I since we often stay out very late and need the "jump start". The lady was very friendly and we ate well.

We used local and regional busses which we caught a 5 minute walk from the hotel.We rented a car nearby also.

The location and ammenities make this all-season hotel a good value.
The Lobby of Irini Hotel
View from our 4th floor room
View of buildings from motel window
Lobby towards bar and outdoor patio
sunshine515 says:
I have now been living around the corner of The Irini for 1.5 months. You cant beat the location for te price!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
RENESO says:
congrats sylvia& david!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2009
Stevie_Wes says:
Congrats on another successful, informative Featured review from your Greek adventures Dave (& Sylvia). 1.90m tall!!! Heck, if we ever meet buddy I'm gonna have to be on stilts to make eye contact with ya LOL
Posted on: Jan 29, 2009

Hotel Irini Overview

Guests will find the Hotel Irini ideally situated for business or pleasure. The hotel is located in a quiet area, but is also near the center of the city as well as the harbor. Guests of the hotel will have easy access to all of the popular attractions, including the Venetian Walls and the Archaeological Museum. There are also many restaurants and shops in the local area near the hotel. A car park is located at the Hotel Irini for the use of guests with cars. The airport is located within just a short drive of the hotel property. Public transportation services are offered in the local area.

The Hotel Irini offers 59 guestrooms, each equipped with a private bath and private balcony. Most rooms at the hotel look out over the water.

Amenities offered at the Hotel Irini include an onsite restaurant, snack bar and conference room. There is also a TV room as well as a laundry service at the hotel as well.

Hotel Irini Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower