Hotel Iran

geytmahtab geytmaht…
hotel iran in sabzeh meydan Aug 05, 2014
I’m an Iranian woman , had a guest from another

country for 1 week to Iran who was so interested of visiting Qazvin

city. We arrived from Rasht to Qazvin city tired in the afternoon and looking for a

good hotel there. Our taxi driver brought us to Iran Hotel in the

middle of historic part of city. I liked the location and price of

rent for 1 night, and asked for 2 one-bed rooms. When I saw

my room I didn’t like it much bcoz was so small and next to my room was

a toilet in the hallway. My room was on the third floor without elevators. But I

accepted to stay there bcoz we had little time to visit this historic

city . Front desk started asking my guest about visa and personal questions that I didn’t like .when my guest went to see his room in the other part of the hotel the reception asked me for whole price. my

guest didnt like the room bcoz the toilet was dirty . We asked for our money back but front desk said he

would keep 10 percent of our money. I asked

them to show the law, that shows he is right but he refused . We argued

with him .the reception insulted me and behave with me like with a w***** .I was

shocked bcoz all things happened in 15 min. from arrival and he didn’t know anything

about me but let himself to call me a b*****. and talk about my

relation with my guest. We wanted the reception call to the

police and my guest looked for police outside but he dint know how to find

police in Qazvin city .They gave us our money finally after a guarrel but we got

so angry and upset . We went to alborz hotel near iran hotel. they

behave with us nicely and listened to us . Next morning we went

to the Heritage Office and wrote our complaint but manager of Iran Hotel told

them something else. Iran is my country and I love everywhere and love

to show and introduce our culture and our tradition to foreign

guests ,but I suggest u never come to iran hotel. They don’t deserve

having a hotel for tourists . When my country mate insult to me

calling me b**** ,and try to steal money from me what would they do

with foreigners and strangers ??????????? In Qazvin city most of taxi

drivers, hotel keepers and …………..try to ask more money from us. This

hotel ruined our travel. Still after 1 week I’m angry at Iran Hotel bcoz they made me feel unsecure

and unpleasant, and looking down at me as an Iranian and as a tour guide. I suggest u never stay in Iran Hotel if u want to enjoy your travel to Qazvin city.

Taleqani Boulevard/Naderi Street, Qazvin, Iran – edit

+98 281 222 8877
Azadi Azadi
rubbish Jul 11, 2014
I have the same problem as the previous commentator. A toilet full of poop which, in addition, was blamed on me by hotel clerk! I just went to see the room the clerk offered me, because the hotel exterior did not impress me, saw the dirtiness, and came back returning the key. He refused to return money for the room and insulted my Iranian female guide. Of course I did not stay there. A call at a later time to the owner Karim Nouruzi did not yield any positive results. He defended his employee and did not seem seeing any problem in his hotel. Instead, he was advertising his tours! As to Alamut, it is not worth visiting since it was long time ago destroyed by Mongol invaders. Only a legend left.

I consider this hotel is dangerous for staying because of the dishonest behavior of its employees and the owner. Be aware! Rapes and stealing do happen in Iran's hotels of this type according to my local guide.
Biedjee Biedjee
Average, run-of-the-mill, nothing special but it will do for a night May 27, 2010
Hotel Iran in Qazvin is a popular choice for travellers, but this is more because it is one of the few low to midrange options in Qazvin than because of its exquisite value.

I paid $20 for a single room. This is quite average in Iran, as prices are determined by the local government, rather than by the hotels themselves. So while not the hotel's fault, I felt it was quite steep for what was on offer.

There is a choice of rooms, with or without private bathroom. The ones with private bathroom also come with TV and fridge and the hotel has central air-conditioning.

There used to be Internet available, but this was broken the day I stayed here.

As for cleanliness, if you are lucky it is ok. I was given a room where they had 'forgotten' to clean the toilet. A toilet which had broken down, I might add. Now there is nothing worse than arriving at a hotel and finding someone else's sh#t floating around in the toilet. The manager tried to fix the toilet for about half an hour before doing the more obvious thing: move me to another room.

The manager speaks some decent English, but he mainly uses this to sell his tours to the Alamut valley to you. These tours (see my blog) are not bad, but again, they're not the best value either.

There is a restaurant on the premises as well, offering the standard kebab fare, but I didn't eat here.

So in conclusion: very average. Only recommended for its lack of competition in this price bracket.
Hotel Iran