Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg Tchaikovskogo

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals

Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg Tchaikovskogo Saint Petersburg Reviews

vances vances
I blue it! Jun 25, 2016
To be honest I had no idea this was a chain when I booked it, and fortunately it turned out to be part of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group - Holiday Inn to you and me) where I have preferred status. Hotel Indigo proved a wonderful lodging option, high quality and honestly enhanced our Russian experience. Thanks to the IHG windfall we received a complimentary upgrade to a suite and I swear our room had the highest roof ever (seemed close to two stories high) with an enormous, life-size montage of the Summer Garden on the walls making it feel like we were strolling through the park.

Of course customer service is always a key element, and part of Hotel Indigo’s allure was prompt and thoughtful responses (in English!) to my many emails before arriving. Remember the first step in applying for your Russian travel visa is securing an “introduction letter” from wherever you will be staying, which was a brave new world for me. I found it wonderful this attention was not just a marketing effort to secure the reservation, because we had a lot more questions after checking in and everyone at the front desk consistently took the time to offer insightful replies (in well spoken English).

I am uncertain whether another wonderful benefit owed to the upgrade, but the wet bar was totally gratuitous! You certainly are familiar with the ridiculous prices charged for anything removed from those teensy fridges and I rarely avail myself. But how fabulous to get back home each night and enjoy a nightcap for no charge. We had read it was not wise to drink tap water here (of course I packed water bottles and purification tabs, a custom from Middle East travels), so we also appreciated being able to grab the pair of water bottles from our wet bar each day.

There is a nice restaurant on premise featuring good food, including ethnic dishes, at reasonable prices. Vino & Voda (‘wine and water’) was also where the buffet breakfast was offered (not complimentary, but a very decent offer) and we enjoyed quite a few meals here. Service was a little spotty, but nothing fatal and we adored the extremely elegant presentation of their sorbet desserts. They serve the sorbet in a dry ice laden vase, which was lovely.

Had to take advantage of Hotel Indigo’s laundry service, which was more expensive than I would have liked, but everything was returned ahead of schedule (lightning fast) and presented wonderfully. All my shirts came back on hangars and the balance was folded quite nicely presented in a cute basket.

My one regret about this adventure was failing to learn any local lingo. Overwhelmed by an itinerary encompassing three distinct languages I focused solely on picking up the Russian Cyrillic alphabet. We quickly learned there were seldom few people in Russia who spoke English, so the one time I was totally clueless became a double negative. I was most thankful how easy it was to communicate with everyone at Hotel Indigo’s front desk, and how intent they were on truly resolving any issue.
Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg - Tcha…
Roomy bedroom suite with the Summe…
Afisha Bar - an elegant spot at th…
Looking down on Vino & Voda, Hotel…
vances says:

Now, I'm so "green" :))
Posted on: Mar 02, 2017
MNMark MNMark
Taking advantage of the current Roebel valuation Mar 18, 2015
I rarely stay in hotels when I travel for leisure since I prefer Airbnb. Usually the accommodations are a lot more bang for your buck and I like the opportunity to meet locals right of the bat. A friend that came along on my St. Petersburg trip was set on staying in a hotel and picked Hotel Indigo. The current Roebel valuation made $ a mute point and the description & pictures looked pretty good on hotels.com so I caved and booked here as well.

The staff was extremely friendly and handled restaurant reservations, cabs, directions and attractions in town to small talk over coffee in the morning nicely with great English. I needed some allergy medicine during my stay and they tracked down a pharmacy that was open late and called ahead to make sure.

The rooms where nice, clean and included a small mini bar that was restocked daily with water, juices and beer free of charge. Being 6'7 I rarely fit underneath hotel showers but that was not the case here. A massive rainfall shower head mounted to the ceiling made this the first hotel I could shower at without having to duck or otherwise contort myself to fit.

The location is perfect also. It is in walking distance from Peter & Paul fortress, Nevskiy prospekt, Cathedral of spilled blood and tons of eating/drinking establishments nearby that are open late.

The other guests seemed to be mainly foreign officials or local elite judging by the cars and licence plates. A place to bump in to other travelers this was not, and that was a shame.

Overal it was a very nice stay. I doubt I would have stayed here if the Roebel wasn't at it's current low, but as it is this was a great opportunity and pleasant stay.
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Lord_Mike says:
Congratulations on your feature!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!

Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg Tchaikovskogo Overview

Welcome to Hotel Indigo St-Petersburg Tchaikovskogo, a cozy and designed hotel with historica, themes associated to that special city. Located on Tchaikovskogo Street, just 10 minutes from the famous Nevskiy Prospect and a few minutes from the River Neva Embankment.

Hotel Indigo St-Petersburg Tchaikovskogo is a boutique hotel with 119 rooms providing breathtaking panoramic view from the top floor. Everything about this hotel has been designed to make your stay in St-Petersburg exceptional. Indulge and rejuvenate your senses after long days shopping and sightseeing at one of the treatment rooms or refresh with a leisurely swim in the swimming pool before a great evening in the restaurant and lounge bars.

The Hotel Indigo St-Petersburg Tchaikovskogo looks forward to welcoming you soon.

Admire one of the main St-Petersburg??s attractions directly from your rooms on the top floor of the hotel where you can see the opening of the bridges during The White Nights season. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel. OPENING SOON!Book the Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg-Tchaikovskogo now for stays from March 1, 2013 onwards.

Hotel Indigo St. Petersburg Tchaikovskogo Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Saint Petersburg Hotel Deals