Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport

Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport Diegem Reviews

loripori loripori
IBIS HOTEL DIEGEM Feb 11, 2017
Saturday March 2, 2014

As we had a long 18 hour layover in Brussels, we needed to find a hotel near Brussels airport and which also offered free shuttle service. We found what we were looking for in the IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM. Diegem is a small suburb of Brussels with mostly business properties. It's usually busy during the week but very quiet on the weekends.

Our room was small and standard with two twin beds, a large work desk (free WiFi), cable TV and private bathroom with shower.

We booked through booking.com and paid 52 Euros plus the city tax of 4,25 Euros.

If you want breakfast, it costs 14 Euros per person per night. We did not take breakfast. There is a small cafe' next to the Lobby which offers coffee in the morning (3 Euros). They also offer small snacks to eat at the bar or to take to your room. Saturday night we ordered a small Pizza with ham and champignons which was just enough for the two of us and cost 9 Euros. They also had Pepperoni - Salami Pizza and 4 Cheeses Pizza also for 9 Euros. A toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich was 8,50 Euros.
IBIS Hotel in Diegem - near Brusse…
Our IBIS room
Ils1976 Ils1976
great for an overnight stay May 20, 2015
The hotel itself is ideally located near the airport of Brussels, in the small town of Diegem. It is possible to drive towards the hotel since it has a large parking area which sadly enough isn’t free. Since I used public transport to get to the hotel, it is always better to contact the hotel itself for the exact price. A good thing however, they do provide a free shuttle service which starts early in the morning till abut 22 PM in the evening. For the exact times in the weekends, it is always better to check with the hotel itself, but during weekdays they do run every hour since the airport is about half an hour’s drive away from the hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they ware punctual as well and to be honest, I didn’t expected that at all from a low budget hotel. Even the driver was very friendly and helpful. Again a big surprise for me since I always associate Brussels with unkind people, don’t ask me why, that’s just my personal opinion.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, we had to wait a while before we could check in because a large group of Chinese people where in front of us and seemed to have all kinds of strange and impossible questions, but nevertheless the young man behind the counter handled it all with care and a smile … that says it all, no ??? Maybe I should reconsider my thoughts about Brussels and more importantly, the people living in it!

Our room was located on the 3rd floor of the building and I got a feeling that they all look the same. The room itself isn’t all that big and besides a double bed, we also had a smaller bunk bed, which is suitable for a child or in my case, a not so tall adult.

Besides a separate toilet, there is a small cubical that turned out to be a shower with nice hot water (heaven!!!) and there is a small sink as well. The only downside of the room is the fact that there isn’t much space to hang your clothes or put something away, but than again, because most people only spend one night, this is not a major thing.

There is a small breakfast area and you can pay at the reception for your breakfast which is about 7 euro.

Since I had to leave early in the morning, I didn’t had the chance to try it out, but while I was waiting for my shuttle bus to arrive, I had a quick look through the window and I saw some fresh fruits, eggs and cereals and most of the other things you expect for your first meal of the day, so I guess that’s not too bad at all.

The hotel is really worth its money and since I didn’t pay that much, I didn’t expect much of it either and in the end of I got a lot in return!
the logo says it all!
Ibis budget hotel
entrance
most of the room : double bed with…
Ils1976 says:
I didn't remember correctly coz it has been a while ... I guess about 50 - 60 euro
Posted on: Mar 19, 2017
Jo104 says:
How much is the Ibis roughly?
Posted on: Mar 12, 2017