Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport

Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport Diegem Reviews

loripori loripori
IBIS HOTEL DIEGEM Feb 11, 2017
Saturday March 2, 2014

As we had a long 18 hour layover in Brussels, we needed to find a hotel near Brussels airport and which also offered free shuttle service. We found what we were looking for in the IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM. Diegem is a small suburb of Brussels with mostly business properties. It's usually busy during the week but very quiet on the weekends.

Our room was small and standard with two twin beds, a large work desk (free WiFi), cable TV and private bathroom with shower.

We booked through booking.com and paid 52 Euros plus the city tax of 4,25 Euros.

If you want breakfast, it costs 14 Euros per person per night. We did not take breakfast. There is a small cafe' next to the Lobby which offers coffee in the morning (3 Euros). They also offer small snacks to eat at the bar or to take to your room. Saturday night we ordered a small Pizza with ham and champignons which was just enough for the two of us and cost 9 Euros. They also had Pepperoni - Salami Pizza and 4 Cheeses Pizza also for 9 Euros. A toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich was 8,50 Euros.
IBIS Hotel in Diegem - near Brusse…
Our IBIS room
shavy shavy
Small room Dec 08, 2017
We have our flight to Bogota at 7:30 am and we must be at the airport by 5:30 am. We were doubting of what to do: stay the night close to the airport or asked someone to drive us in the morning. As we don’t want to bother anyone we decided to stay the night in Brussels.Thus I'm searching a hotel with reasonable price through booking.com

When searching for hotels online near Brussels airport dozen of hotels pop-up on booking.com, but I’m looking a room that will not cost a fortune as we only had to a few hours to spent in the room.

I came to different Ibis hotel in Brussels well, yes there are two Ibis Hotel near the airport and they're both on the same location. Ibis budget Hotel Brussels Airport and the other is just the same name - Hotel Ibis Brussels Airport. What's the different between the two? well, the Ibis Budget Hotel is cheaper than the other one. Confused? Ibis budget cost 40 euro while the other Hotel Ibis cost more. And they're standing next to each other in Deigem Brussels

I first book this hotel through booking.com in advance and is cancelable anytime. A few weeks before our trip I cancel the booking and booked straight to Ibis Hotel website. If you register to their website you get 10% discount. So I make an account to Accor website (is free) to get my discount thus I’m now a member to this chain hotel. So each time I booked a room with any hotels from Accor group I'll get a discount (hopefully) :)

We have our flight on Saturday morning, so I reserved a room for Friday night. To get there with public bus is doable with two changes: train and bus. We took the train from home direction Brussels North station which takes two hour trip and from North station we took the Lijn bus number 272 with sign direction Zaventem airport ticket price 3.50 euro per person.

As we’re not familiar in the area we asked the bus driver if he stop at Ibis Hotel, he said the stops is near the hotel. The bus ride is approximately 30 minutes from Brussels North. The bust stop is endeed 30 meters from the hotel is just a short walk

We arrived at 20pm - there were people before us on the check in counter, but there were two staff in the counter, so the other girl welcomed us. She’s friendly and recognize our dialect ( Flemish) Brussels is mostly French, but she’d like to talk in Flemish to practice she said lol

Check in goes very fast, she asked which room we prefered: smoking or non smoking. I’m surprise when she asked I have no idea that smoking inside room still permitted. We request for non smoking room.

The room is already paid during my reservation with credit card. She asked if we want a breakfast: buffet breakfast cost 7, 50 euro but this served at 6 or 7 in the morning -- we need to be at the airport at 5:30 am, so we skip the breakfast

She explain the airport shuttle, but I see the timetable posted everywhere. The shuttle starts running from 4 o’clock in the morning and then every 10-15 minutes there is a shuttle. No need to reserved just go downstairs and wait

So looking at the timetable for shuttle we definately take the shuttle at 5:10 am the drive time to the airport takes 20-30 minutes - the shuttle doing stops several places to pick up passengers from other hotels in the neighborhood, four stops before continuing to Brussels airport

We have our room at the 3rd floor, there is elevator. The room is very small but is organized neat and clean. The room consist with two single beds, television, desk, heater and free wifi inside the room. There is no enough room for luggage, we're travelling with small size trolley so this wasn't a problem to us. For people with large suitcase it will be a huge problem to find a space inside the room.

Bathroom is very small as well, toilet and shower is separated-- the toilet is located behind the door, the shower cabin is very small it doesn't really made for big people the size of the cabin is (like a capsule), the wash basin stood near the bed: the layout of the room is weird but in one word is a nice room although is small.

This hotel is pretty good for a night if you have an early flight. For the price of 40 euro this well worth. The location is maybe difficult as there are no restaurants or shops around, but the other Ibis Hotel next door has a restaurant. We haven’t eat there but we saw the menu in our room, price of food is reasonable. I will stay again in this hotel in the future if necessary.
Ils1976 Ils1976
great for an overnight stay May 20, 2015
The hotel itself is ideally located near the airport of Brussels, in the small town of Diegem. It is possible to drive towards the hotel since it has a large parking area which sadly enough isn’t free. Since I used public transport to get to the hotel, it is always better to contact the hotel itself for the exact price. A good thing however, they do provide a free shuttle service which starts early in the morning till abut 22 PM in the evening. For the exact times in the weekends, it is always better to check with the hotel itself, but during weekdays they do run every hour since the airport is about half an hour’s drive away from the hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they ware punctual as well and to be honest, I didn’t expected that at all from a low budget hotel. Even the driver was very friendly and helpful. Again a big surprise for me since I always associate Brussels with unkind people, don’t ask me why, that’s just my personal opinion.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, we had to wait a while before we could check in because a large group of Chinese people where in front of us and seemed to have all kinds of strange and impossible questions, but nevertheless the young man behind the counter handled it all with care and a smile … that says it all, no ??? Maybe I should reconsider my thoughts about Brussels and more importantly, the people living in it!

Our room was located on the 3rd floor of the building and I got a feeling that they all look the same. The room itself isn’t all that big and besides a double bed, we also had a smaller bunk bed, which is suitable for a child or in my case, a not so tall adult.

Besides a separate toilet, there is a small cubical that turned out to be a shower with nice hot water (heaven!!!) and there is a small sink as well. The only downside of the room is the fact that there isn’t much space to hang your clothes or put something away, but than again, because most people only spend one night, this is not a major thing.

There is a small breakfast area and you can pay at the reception for your breakfast which is about 7 euro.

Since I had to leave early in the morning, I didn’t had the chance to try it out, but while I was waiting for my shuttle bus to arrive, I had a quick look through the window and I saw some fresh fruits, eggs and cereals and most of the other things you expect for your first meal of the day, so I guess that’s not too bad at all.

The hotel is really worth its money and since I didn’t pay that much, I didn’t expect much of it either and in the end of I got a lot in return!
the logo says it all!
Ibis budget hotel
entrance
most of the room : double bed with…
Ils1976 says:
I didn't remember correctly coz it has been a while ... I guess about 50 - 60 euro
Posted on: Mar 19, 2017
Jo104 says:
How much is the Ibis roughly?
Posted on: Mar 12, 2017