Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport

Check Diegem Hotel Deals

Hotel Ibis budget Brussels Airport Diegem Reviews

shavy shavy
Convenient with free airport shuttle Dec 08, 2017
We have our flight to Bogota at 7:30 am, so we must be at the airport by 5:30 am. We were doubting of what to do: stay the night close to the airport or asked someone to drive us in the morning. As we don’t want to bother anyone we decided to stay the night in Brussels. I’m looking a hotel with reasonable price through booking.com

If you search on the internet there are dozen of hotels near the airport in Brussels, but I’m looking a room that will not cost a fortune as we only had to spent a few hours in the room.

I first book this hotel through booking.com in advance and is cancelable anytime. A few weeks before our trip I cancel the booking and booked straight to Ibis Hotel website. If you register to their website you get 10% discount. So I make an account to Accor website to get my discount, so I’m now a member to this chain hotel

We have our flight on saturday morning, so I reserved a room for friday night. We took the train from home direction Brussels North station which take two hour trip and from North station we took the Lijn bus number 272 with sign direction Zaventem airport, cost price 3.50 euro each.

As we’re not familiar in the area, we asked the bus driver if he stop at Ibis Hotel, he said the stops is near the hotel. The drive is approximately 30 minutes from Bruseels North. The bust stop is endeed 30 meters from the hotel is just a short walk

We arrived at 20h there’s people before us, but there were two personnel at the counter, so the other girl welcomed us. She’s friendly and recognize our dialect ( Flemish) Brussels is mostly French, but she’d like to talk in Flemish to us.

Check in goes very fast, she asked which room we prefered: smoking or non smoking. I’m surprise when she asked, I have no idea that smoking inside room still permitted. We request for non smoking room.

The room is already paid, once reserved at their website they need the payment with credit card. She asked if we want a breakfast: buffet breakfast cost 7, 50 euro but this served at 6 or 7 in the morning. We need to be at the airport at 5:30 am

She explain the airport shuttle, but I see the timetable posted everywhere. The shuttle starts running from 4 o’clock and then every 10-15 minutes there is one. So we definately take the shuttle at 5:10 o’clock as the drive time to the airport takes 20-30 minutes - the shuttle has to do some stops to pick up passengers from other hotels in the neighborhood. I think he made four stops before continuing to Brussels airport

The room is small with two single beds, television and free wifi inside the room. Bathroom is devided individually - toilet is located behind the door and is cramped, the shower cabin is very small, the wash basin is separate near the bed: strange arrangement, but is a nice room

In my opinion Ibis Budget Brussels Airport is a good place to stay if you have an early flight. For the price of 40 euro this well worth. The location is maybe difficult as there are no restaurants or shops, but the other Ibis Hotel next door has restaurant. We haven’t eat there but we saw the menu in our room, food price were reasonable.
loripori loripori
IBIS HOTEL DIEGEM Feb 11, 2017
Saturday March 2, 2014

As we had a long 18 hour layover in Brussels, we needed to find a hotel near Brussels airport and which also offered free shuttle service. We found what we were looking for in the IBIS AIRPORT DIEGEM. Diegem is a small suburb of Brussels with mostly business properties. It's usually busy during the week but very quiet on the weekends.

Our room was small and standard with two twin beds, a large work desk (free WiFi), cable TV and private bathroom with shower.

We booked through booking.com and paid 52 Euros plus the city tax of 4,25 Euros.

If you want breakfast, it costs 14 Euros per person per night. We did not take breakfast. There is a small cafe' next to the Lobby which offers coffee in the morning (3 Euros). They also offer small snacks to eat at the bar or to take to your room. Saturday night we ordered a small Pizza with ham and champignons which was just enough for the two of us and cost 9 Euros. They also had Pepperoni - Salami Pizza and 4 Cheeses Pizza also for 9 Euros. A toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich was 8,50 Euros.
IBIS Hotel in Diegem - near Brusse…
Our IBIS room
Ils1976 Ils1976
great for an overnight stay May 20, 2015
The hotel itself is ideally located near the airport of Brussels, in the small town of Diegem. It is possible to drive towards the hotel since it has a large parking area which sadly enough isn’t free. Since I used public transport to get to the hotel, it is always better to contact the hotel itself for the exact price. A good thing however, they do provide a free shuttle service which starts early in the morning till abut 22 PM in the evening. For the exact times in the weekends, it is always better to check with the hotel itself, but during weekdays they do run every hour since the airport is about half an hour’s drive away from the hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they ware punctual as well and to be honest, I didn’t expected that at all from a low budget hotel. Even the driver was very friendly and helpful. Again a big surprise for me since I always associate Brussels with unkind people, don’t ask me why, that’s just my personal opinion.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, we had to wait a while before we could check in because a large group of Chinese people where in front of us and seemed to have all kinds of strange and impossible questions, but nevertheless the young man behind the counter handled it all with care and a smile … that says it all, no ??? Maybe I should reconsider my thoughts about Brussels and more importantly, the people living in it!

Our room was located on the 3rd floor of the building and I got a feeling that they all look the same. The room itself isn’t all that big and besides a double bed, we also had a smaller bunk bed, which is suitable for a child or in my case, a not so tall adult.

Besides a separate toilet, there is a small cubical that turned out to be a shower with nice hot water (heaven!!!) and there is a small sink as well. The only downside of the room is the fact that there isn’t much space to hang your clothes or put something away, but than again, because most people only spend one night, this is not a major thing.

There is a small breakfast area and you can pay at the reception for your breakfast which is about 7 euro.

Since I had to leave early in the morning, I didn’t had the chance to try it out, but while I was waiting for my shuttle bus to arrive, I had a quick look through the window and I saw some fresh fruits, eggs and cereals and most of the other things you expect for your first meal of the day, so I guess that’s not too bad at all.

The hotel is really worth its money and since I didn’t pay that much, I didn’t expect much of it either and in the end of I got a lot in return!
the logo says it all!
Ibis budget hotel
entrance
most of the room : double bed with…
Ils1976 says:
I didn't remember correctly coz it has been a while ... I guess about 50 - 60 euro
Posted on: Mar 19, 2017
Jo104 says:
How much is the Ibis roughly?
Posted on: Mar 12, 2017